LegacyGT.com

Automatic Transmission Cooler

I ended up getting an Imperial Econo-Kool® Transmission Oil Cooler. It was $30. Not the biggest one on the planet, but it fit PERFECT. I installed it through the lower opening in the bumper on the drivers side. The supplied line was just the right amount too. I cut the longer one to fit first and the extra fit the second line. It's after the factory cooler so hopefully it can take a little more heat out of the fluid. I'll snap pictures later.

woops, not a trucool, a torqflo, lol

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Compressor-Works-Transmission-Oil-Cooler/_/N-6o2r6?counter=17&filterByKeyWord=transmission+cooler&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=267252_0_0_

works flawlessly though, put on in november, still no leaks through a harsh winter

EDIT: is that the racer-x fmic? I'm installing mine tomorrow or friday.... any tips on installation?

summit racing has a inline thermostat witch i think is the most important.

keep oil at 180 deg .. when the oil is too cold the torque don't lock up as soon as it should..

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

don't know where i can find a pill....

You mean you dont have any clue how to search the forum? Its only a STICKY in the tuning section.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/restrictor-pill-sizes-bleed-type-boost-control-73804.html

EDIT: welcome to my "do not help kids who need to learn to search" list

the factory set up is soo retarded ! , in the winter the tranny never realy gets up to temperature because the bottom of the rad is so cold. in summer it re heats the coolant after being cooled . wtf !!

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived