LegacyGT.com

2006 vs 2008

chilln

So, I'm looking at buying my first Legacy. But the dealer wants to offer me a 2008 GT Limited (fully loaded, I should add) for $19K with 135 miles on it. The problem is that it brown with tan interior and it has small, little, hardly noticeable indentations along the side ("hail damage"). I'm also looking at 2006 GT Limited (again, fully loaded) with 30K miles for the same price, $19K, that is silver with black interior that carmax is selling. Its a very nice color, but I don't know the differences between the 2006 & 2008 GT Limited. I think the 2008 has a telescopic steering wheel, but idk. Does anyone know the differences? Which one should I buy?

Hail damaged cars with 130 unknown miles that has been sitting for like 1.5 years in the parking lot? It's not a great deal in today's buyer market. Besides brown with tan interior? Ewww, yuck.

Look for your car on ths forum. Chances are you'll know the car's history from owner's post and chances are car was well taken care of even if modified. It pays off to travel far to get the right car.

Ummm.

The 06's (Like mine) didn't have the 60/40 folding rear seats, just a pass through. And I I think the TPMS(Tire Pressure monitor system) as well. Those were standard starting in '07.

And the color! Reminds me of a mid 80's Porsche color!

Look elsewhere man. I just bought my 09 3.0R for 22K with 15 miles on it!.

Sorry for not knowing what you're talking about. I'm new at this and have never bought a car from a dealer, but what do you mean a title that is "branded?" Its not extensive at all whatsoever; I couldn't even tell until the sales guy pointed it out. If it did have damage, is that supposed to be listed on the title or something?

Dude... Dealers around here are STIFF on their prices.

I'm struggling to get an '09 2.5i SE for $19.8k with spoiler & auto dim.

They just don't budge here.

$19.8k for a new 2.5i SE with spoiler and auto dim is not a bad price. The invoice price for a 2.5i SE 5MT with those options is ~$21k and a 4EAT is ~$22k. There is only a $500 dealer incentives right now and taking into account 3% holdback (~$700) the dealer is probably only making a couple hundred dollars if that on the sale.

Sorry dude,

Was away working late.

A branded or salvage title means something has been done to the car. So in otherwards to simplify. A accident where it was totaled out, fire damage, Hail damage, theft, vandalism.

Any one of those. Basically the same thing as a "rebuilt" title.

There is not really that big of a deal with this type of title, if the car was repaired correctly. The down side comes when you want to sell your car, or move to a state that does not allow a title of this type.

I would just do a double check with the dealer. If you are financing the car, I wouldn't worry to much, they won't finance it. Well shouldn't say won't. Depends on the bank really. I can tell you the big banks where cars are financed(Chase,Wells Fargo, etc..)won't.

Good luck man.

And to the guy buying a 09 2.5 SE for 19K, Dude, that's a good price. There is always room for negotiations, but you need to remember the rebates as well.

I saw this over on nasioc, supposedly the top dealer in subaru sales - http://www.heubergermotors.com/index.htm

Might be worth the trip if they got a much better deal than locally available.

Got my car there and they do have very good price if you go through the internet people. They also have a very nice free coffee bar. :) Another good place to check is fitzmall.com.

Archived