LegacyGT.com

I dropped liscence plate bulb in the lens. How to get out?

600whp-Prelude

As the title says, I accidently dropped the bulb in there when putting the sockets back in, and after hours of trying to snake stuff in there and everything, I gave up on trying to get it out, so if anyone knows how to just take the assembly off to get to it, or has had this happen before, please help, thanks.

take off your plate, remove the bolts behind it, get a panel popper tool and start removing the entire back side of the trunk (its a plastic valence should separate from the body of the trunk) shake it to get the bulb out and put back together. THEN before you try to re-insert the bulbs put a dab of silicone RTV around the base of the bulb just above the contacts. Let it dry for 20-30 min before you put em back in and viola!

Same thing happened to me, it sucks.

take off your plate, remove the bolts behind it, get a panel popper tool and start removing the entire back side of the trunk (its a plastic valence should separate from the body of the trunk) shake it to get the bulb out and put back together. THEN before you try to re-insert the bulbs put a dab of silicone RTV around the base of the bulb just above the contacts. Let it dry for 20-30 min before you put em back in and viola!

Same thing happened to me, it sucks.

Thank you VERY much buddy!!!

Archived