LegacyGT.com

Local Help?

Rockets GT

Anyone out there willing to offer up their mechanical services to a completely non mechanically inclined dude who is only trying to make his LGT a bit more fun to drive?? I live in denver, close to DU. I will be more than will to learn all that I can and help with the install, I just don't have the knowledge(or balls to try myself) nor the proper tools.

I have a front a rear sway bar from whiteline and also the whiteline steering rack bushing.

Thanks in advance!!

Rocket

I am available over the phone if you need help with the steering rack bushing install as I just did this. Did you get the bushing removal tool with your kit? I did not and that added about an hour to the install. PM me if you're interested in some help over the phone. When are you looking to be installing these parts?

Chris

I would love to help, but currently, I am still waiting for our house to finish construction. If you don't find a way to install them by March, let me know, my garage will be all set up.

I will be in Parker...not too far from DU...and we can make a garage day of it if others have stuff to do.

Devil']Sweet. I have some Tien coilover suspenion on the way and the OEM tweeters' date=' and some LED guage cluster lights. If you guys want, I can hold off installing them :p[/quote']

I don't know how to install coilovers but I would love to come help out as I may be doing that to my LGT one day. Let me know when if it's a few weeks out as time is hard to come by right now.

Chris

If you guys meet I'd show up as well...I may or may not have some Cusco sways depending on if I decide to order them to put on...either way I'd show up...as long as it on a sunday if it's sometime between now and april...after april I can do saturday or sunday

boomshnka - didn't you just install the whiteline steering rack bushing without the "special" tool?

Yes I did and it was a pain in the ass. I had to use something similar to an easy-out (a very large course-thread reverse-cut drill bit) to pull the bushing out. Now that I know how to do it without the tool it would take far less time. I spent about an hour trying many other methods before I got it. If I'm able to come, I can bring the exact tool I used.

Chris

Yes I did and it was a pain in the ass. I had to use something similar to an easy-out (a very large course-thread reverse-cut drill bit) to pull the bushing out. Now that I know how to do it without the tool it would take far less time. I spent about an hour trying many other methods before I got it. If I'm able to come, I can bring the exact tool I used.

Chris

Thats why I was asking. I gathered from your earlier posts that it was a PITA.

We should all find a saturday or sunday in the next few weeks, when it's warmer out, and get together.

Rick

Thats why I was asking. I gathered from your earlier posts that it was a PITA.

We should all find a saturday or sunday in the next few weeks, when it's warmer out, and get together.

Rick

Sounds good to me. I'd love to come and see what other people are doing to their cars and help out if I can...just have to make sure I've got the time. I'm probably not doing much more to the car for a while as I've blown my budget already (it was $0.00).

Chris

Archived