LegacyGT.com

Engine swap idea stuck in my head

I really want to got out and do something different on an engine swap in my wagon. I'm would really love to do an ee20. I think it will bolt right up but the wiring an other special accessories would add up if buying it all new. So i also found out that copart has a uk service. It looks like i could get a salvage newer forester or legacy for about 1000 pounds. Since i don't actually have to register or make the vehicle legal i surely would be able to skip the dot and emissions coversion/certification. I'm figuring 1550 plus 2g shipping and probably another 2g if i have someone do the wiring. So it would not doubt be expensive, but probably not worse than someone trying to do an sti swap, and i haven't heard of anyone completing one, but there is a guy working on one in an impreza gc chassis. I can dream.....

That's going to be quite a project, no doubt unique as well. How does the rest of the car look, underbody, suspension components, subframes, body mount bushings, driveshaft and everything? If you do that swap you will be putting a high horsepower motor into a car that wasn't designed for it.

Well i'm working on the suspension, need to get all the bushings done, just threw in the sti struts and springs last weekend. Car was in colorado most it's life so just a little rust on the front fenders, underbody looks really good. The hp is about the same at 145, but of course it's a diesel so the torque comes in at like 258. The fuel system must all be special out of one of those, the fuel pressure is 26000 psi to the injectors.

"Boxeer LLC was created in 2010 to commercialize a mechanically advanced engine: The Boxer Diesel EE20.We are proud to be the first and only company able to provide the EE20 engine, all replacement parts, and technical support to make your project become reality. This unique engine combines the recent technology of diesel engines and the performance of a boxer configuration. These innovations deliver smooth torque and power while consuming very little fuel. In addition to many other ground breaking improvements, the symmetrical boxer design eliminates vibrations common to the traditional diesel engine. "

Thats their about us. They seem like the people to ask in terms of what you need to do for a swap.

Yea they look good but i can't afford all that i would need buying it that way. Presumably if i can get it here, I could have a whole car for 3g's, less than the cost of a motor on his site, and even with a motor, i'm still missing wiring, fuel pump, any special fuel lines, and i would have surplus parts to sell by importing a whole salvage vehicle.

Archived