LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Cool. Do you think you'd have some kits done by the 30th of Nov? I'll be 'home' for thanksgiving :). I could then save some on shipping.

Yeah. If I don't have kits before then something has gone terribly wrong, lol.

Stop 'suckering' people

:lol:

I'll get right on that :lol:

I read somewhere online that only tools sell these kits...

GLWS bro :p

Apparently...:rolleyes:

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
Stop 'suckering' people

:lol:

?

Ummmm...something "happened" last night. We'll call it a small turf war that I tried not to participate in. The kit works, is tested and proven by many members including myself and laff (he has the first kit I ever sold), and is a bargain for the level of PITA that comes from making these things at home with regular tools, not to mention a decent chance of hurting yourself or loosing a finger while cutting the aluminum.

These are great kits! I've moved on from mine and bought the banding tool to install the SS zip ties. If anyone needs one - I'll send it to you for $10. I paid like $27 at Napa for it. Comes in real handy (same one used in the video posted by BMB.

• Moderators

Update for those interested:

From the get go, this process has not been easy. I thought this second time around might go much smoother than the last, but Murphy's law seems to have kicked in! Talking with the shop tomorrow about some issues that have come up on their end and will know more then, for now I'm just frustrated :mad:

• Moderators
How can I get a hold of one of those banding tools?

These are great kits! I've moved on from mine and bought the banding tool to install the SS zip ties. If anyone needs one - I'll send it to you for $10. I paid like $27 at Napa for it. Comes in real handy (same one used in the video posted by BMB.

Get in touch with .:Catalyst:. Those tools from NAPA are really nice and do the job really well. $10 is what you'll pay for any tool available so that's a great deal. Send it off to someone else when you're done with it :)

• Moderators
Read on the last page you're working with the shop, any idea when the next batch will be ready? And can I call dibs on one of them lol

Just started running stage 2, sticking with LWG map until I can get the intercooler taken care of...

I'm still talking with the shop. I should know more on Monday, but since that's technically a holiday I imagine it might be Tuesday until I hear anything further. I think the end result is that I will end up paying a higher--possibly significantly higher--cost to get the pieces made, but I'm trying not to jump to conclusions right now. I'll keep everyone posted with updates here as I have them.

Right now, there's no need to call dibs--if I have kits available I'll have them available for all who have expressed interest. Still, if you are interested definitely let me know as it's good to have a list of folks to get in touch with when they become available.

• Moderators
Quick update: talked to the shop yesterday and my cost has basically doubled. Needless to say, that's a bit frustrating but possibly not the end of the world. I'm checking on a couple of things to see if they can't provide the same product in a more efficient way and I'm also checking with another shop that I have a recommendation for--heading over there in a few minutes to see what they could do.

• Moderators

Here's a more comprehensive update:

I met with a second shop today to get another quote for producing the kits. I should have a quote by COB Monday, at which point I'll have to decide which shop to move forward with. The new shop has a significantly longer lead time for completing the work, so if I end up going with them I'm planning on enlisting the original shop to do a limited run to satisfy the needs of those who have expressed immediate interest. If the situation is similar to the first run they should be able to complete the job faster, albeit at a significantly increased cost. I am not planning on changing the price of the kits at this time.

If you are interested in a kit at this time, please let me know so I can pull together numbers for the limited-run if necessary. I would like to have a kit available to fulfill all "current" orders so that folks don't have to wait any longer than necessary. After that, it will potentially be a matter of waiting for the second shop to do a full run if that ends up being the case.

The list of interest that I have currently includes the following people:

1. ScoobyTed (nasioc)
  2. CT08SpecB
  3. Chris GTO TT (willing to wait)
  4. ScottFW
  5. xt2005bonbon
  6. TrooperWRX (wants it ASAP)
  7. Drock73
  8. Matthew D (unknown username)
  9. Joe (unknown username)
  10. Brett (unknown username)
  11. UTwrestler22 (wants it ASAP)
  12. boxerbenny (willing to wait)
  13. ArtClassShank

If you are on the list mistakenly, let me know. If you want to be added to the list, let me know that also.

Edited by BarManBean