LegacyGT.com

My second experiance with transmission warranty work can gone for 7 weeks!!

ABPillinois

Ok so about a year and a half ago I started having a noticable noise, kinda like a baseball card in bike spokes sound when in gear decellerating most noticable in 3rd or fourth gear. Took it to the dealer had it serviced and fixed, got a list of parts replaced almost a page long.

Car was fine until a few months ago and the sound returned so I take it to dealer number 2 (who purchased the dealership from dealership number 1). Was told that the noise could not be determined because I have a exhaust leak and a broken heatshield. I was going to have to pay for these b4 the trans would be worked on.

Next I was told that they decided to diagnose the problem w/o fixing the other things but the transmission may not be covered under warranty because of my aftermarket clutch. I called BS and told them to start the work because I figured I could talk the subaru rep into fixing it since it had been worked on before for the same problem.

about 4-5 weeks of calling for updates getting the run around. Service rep finnally decided that the problem was caused by first mechanic not adjusting something correctly and would be covered under warranty. Car was supposed to be done by the end of week 5. Called, car not done was told Tuesday. Finally got my car Friday Sept 11(taken in on July 24). Only good part of this whole story is the dealership felt bad for having my car so long they replaced the heatshield at no cost.

Luckily they gave me an Outback to drive around.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

bearing I guess, to much jargon for me to understand when I get the invoice in the mail I'll post up the findings.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

Archived