Best Sways  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Best Sways

• Cobb
    • Perrin
    • Rallitek
    • Cusco
    • Other (please post brand)

Technically, the Cobb is 1-inch (25.4 mm) diameter, but it's hollow, so the stiffness is roughly equivalent to a 22 mm solid bar.

Thanks for clarifying. I've read a post where some members have had fitment issues with the Cobb FSB, which makes me apprehensive.

What sways are you running?

I'm having some difficulty on deciding which set of sways to go with. I'd appreciate some feedback from members.

Thanks!

I voted "other". Reason being that I am absolutely biased because of my decision to go with the AVO RSB.

In all seriousness, I went with RalliTEK's recommendation for the lone AVO unit because it works well with the OEM front. So far, so good.

What sways are you running?

I'm just running the JDM 20 mm hollow RSB w/ the stock USDM 20 or 21 mm (I've seen it listed as either size) solid FSB. I decided to spend my money on upgrading to Bilstein HDs instead of larger sways because I wanted to control the rear floatiness/squat issues associated with the stock USDM KYBs.

Cuscos F&R 23mm, 21mm, with AVO rear brackets. I also replaced the rubber bushings that came with the Cuscos after 8 months with energy suspensions universal set of poly bushings, Fronts come with grease fittings, rears don't but I drilled and tapped my rears so they can be grease with with a grease gun. Jeggs stocks special lube for poly bushings you can buy in a tube for the grease gun.

The setup works great. No complaints.

I stayed away from the cobb as the front bar was shorter in overall length than OEM or cusco which promoted endlink failures because the geometry is off. As far as I know they never fixed that issue.

I went with the Perrin RSB (22mm) because I know it would work with my Perrin axleback exhaust. No other reason for me.

You might want to look into the AVO sway bar reinforcment bracket as well.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I am running Cobb Rear w/ kartboy endlinks. I have not yet put in the front, so I will let you know about fitment issues, but as of now I love the way the cobb feels. no noise, lots of oversteer =), easy to put on. I think you can't go wrong with the brands you have listed. Just depends what size you are looking for. Cusco runs 23mm front 21mm rear. Cobb (essentially) 22mm front and rear. Perrin has 22mm and 25mm f/r. Avo only has 20mm rear. From what I hear the Cusco probably has the most neutral ride where as the rest have mild oversteer (unless you do perrin 22mm f w/ 25mm rear). Best way to find out? go to a meet and take a ride on some cars.

Cobb fits perfectly without any modification. Well, actually, in the front I did add two washers to my Kartboy endlinks to lessen the angle of the front bar to endlink connection. They are more than enough stiff even though they are hollow. In fact, when the rear sways are set at the 195% of stock stiffness, the ride is so intense it feels like the car would fall apart. Overall, happy with the CObb though at the less rigid setting. ALso happy with my Kartboy endlinks front and back. No noise from this setup at all yet.

Archived