LegacyGT.com

My Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth Install

morrias

I just installed a Parrot CK3100 evolution bluetooth kit at lunch. So far it works fantastic! I'll be taking some pictures and write up what I went through for the install. I got the kit at http://www.parrotkits.com with the subaru harness.

Details:

The parrot CK3100 kit comes with a small control pad, a "brain box", a microphone, a mute module, and a plethora of wiring.

At first glance all the bundles of wiring look pretty confusing, but it's reallya snap if you get the subaru wiring harness from the site I mentioned above. I'll mention that I didn't have my camera when i did the install, so I have pcitures of how it looks afterwards.

Installation:

First off, you need to figure out where to put the mike. I stuck mine on the plastic trim piece that hides the rearview mirror's wring. I then just poked the wire underneath the headliner lip all the way across the driver's side. After that, I popped off the A-pillar trim, and ran it down, and then tucked it into the side of the dash. From there, I could get to it from the fuse access panel, and by dropping off the trim piece that covers the lower dash. That can be removed by taking off the 3 poppits. From there, just run the wire over to the center stack.

Next, you'll have to take your center console apart and your radio out. Follow instructions on this board tlike those for doing the Jazzy aux-in install. Once you get the deck out, you can fish that microphone wire into the center stack. After that I connected the parrot wiring to the subaru wiring adapters, and stuffed everything below the radio. The blue parrot brain box only has 3 connections; microphone (1/8" mini jack), power from one harness, and the mute cable harness DIN connector.

Finally, I ran the cable for the controller pad up the center console and plugged it into the mute cable harness. I know, I should have taking pictures of all this before doing it. Perhaps I'll go back in and do it in a bit.

The last step is to put your dash back together and sticky tape the controller to the dash. You'll see below pics of the controller and mic.

Usage:

I don't really want to repeat the owner's manual, so I'll just say you can download it at http://www.parrot.biz. Basically, the first time you power it on, you'll hear british accented female voice out of the speakers say "Please Pair Device". At that point, I paired up my cell phone (Cingular 8125 smartphone). From there, you can configure the functionality with the center knob. I set my language to English, turned on voice activation (Say "Telephone" to initiate voice dial from a voice tag, or "Hang Up" to hang up), set the volume etc.

Impression:

It works really well! The radio is muted when the phone is calling out, taking a call or ringing. It of course un-mutes when done. The voice announces incoming calls if you have voice tags. On my phone I used Microsoft Voice Commander for real voice dailing without tags, and it works great with the parrot. The call quality is good (audio is lacking a bit in the treble range though), and the mic picks up very well. Nobody knew I was in the car until I cranked the AC fan on full. I love being able to take calls without using the phone, or even pressing a button! Of course you can hold down the green button when someone calls to transfer it to the phone so your passenger doesn't hear the boss chew you out.

Take a look at the pics and tell me what you think, I'll answer all the questions I can.

1129398590_IMG_4060(Large).thumb.JPG.f6d096dc95ddaf065b14f4938b1c3e87.JPG

328968906_IMG_4063(Large).thumb.JPG.68793b717b8d85b269b670cc9a5dc057.JPG

1014643351_IMG_4064(Large).thumb.JPG.abed92dbbd7a8ca4068dfda037a57c44.JPG

1309723610_IMG_4065(Large).thumb.JPG.3ce14a762e83fea7521d7d39ab18a24b.JPG

794466255_IMG_4066(Large).thumb.JPG.f8961a356680bbdea563b0f7935213af.JPG

• 1 month later...
installed my ck3000 today everything is working well, EXCEPT every time i start the car the volume resets to the very loud default setting. morrias you experience this?

figured it out...according to the parrotkit instructions you were supposed to switch the power leads, but i belive that is incorrect.

What phone and provider do you have. I only ask because I have a Verizon V710 and would like to use the Parrot, however have read on here that this will not work because of certain functions that are disabled by Verizon. I called Verizon on this and they said it should not be a problem, however I am just trying to confirm.

Thanks,

My Cingular 8125 with voice command doesn't work right with the parrot. When you push the green call button, voice command fires up, and you can speak the contact to dial. However, when the call is over, the phone doesn't release the parrot from activation, so the radio never comes back. you have to redail a phone number by holding the green down and hit the red to hang up. After that, the voice command doesn't work again until you reboot the phone.

However, it works fantastic with the built in voic tagging dialer (which is noweher as useful as voice command).

It also works flwless with my Motorola V551, and my Wife's Sony Z520a.

I actually like the way it works with a non-smartphone better. I've uploaded several contacts to the device and I love just pussing the button and speaking out "Home" and having it dial.

The higher end motorolas (that cost 2x as much) also can do digit-dialing, which would be slick.

Over all, for around $100 it's hard to beat. I'm going to install one in my wife's 2007 CR-V and my dad's 06 IS250.

-Aaron

I love just pussing the button and speaking out "Home" and having it dial.

what about just saying 'Telephone' 'Home' :icon_bigg

I have had great luck with my nokia 6682. I use an app called Voice Signal (only available with a few select phones) to do most of my dialing, it works by name or i can dial by number. It does require me to hit a button on my noikia, but I'd rather do that than set up each contact with the Parrot and its accuracy is great. Overall I am very happy so far and want to get one for the wife's car as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Just installed mine - I installed in an hour (in the dark! installing the Jazzy Kit familiarized me with removing the HU) including trouble shooting. Purchased the 3000 Evolution from JR Electronics for $99 then ordered the adapter from parrotkits.com. pretty much installed it just like morrias did. For ~$150 for a handsfree kit, it's a pretty good buy!

Archived