LegacyGT.com

If u have bad roads don't run SSR's...

tcoope13

Bent my front rim bent again last night. The other front rim bent last month, and according to the shop my rears are bent too, although I couldn't tell. Stupid pot holes. Good god these rims are sooo soft...ugh!! 100 bucks per wheel to repair. :mad: Something to keep in mind if you're thinking about buying them.

Someone backed into my door the other day and put a dent in it! I can't believe it. These car doors are too soft.

If you live in an area where people drive cars, you shouldn't have this car.

I live in an area with shopping carts in parking lots. I've heard they can scratch bumpers and doors. Should I sell my car?

you should try some Steelies....I heard they are pretty good against potholes...seriously

I can't find a 17" 5x100mm steel wheel, any suggestions where to look? I'd love to rock some for winter tires. Ran steels on my old DD and they were bomb-proof.

SSRs are good wheels. You'd much rather have a wheel bend than break. A lesser cast wheel most likely would have cracked or broken, and that can be bad news.

Oh what a bunch of smart asses. God forbid I try and help people out, if you don't have anything useful to say then stfu. These things are very soft and bend VERY easily, much more so than most other rims, according to my experience and the shop who keeps repairing them.

I can't find a 17" 5x100mm steel wheel, any suggestions where to look? I'd love to rock some for winter tires. Ran steels on my old DD and they were bomb-proof.

SSRs are good wheels. You'd much rather have a wheel bend than break. A lesser cast wheel most likely would have cracked or broken, and that can be bad news.

IIRC, there was a thread on NASIOC some 2011 black WRX hatch guy gotten them

Oh what a bunch of smart asses. God forbid I try and help people out, if you don't have anything useful to say then stfu. These things are very soft and bend VERY easily, much more so than most other rims, according to my experience and the shop who keeps repairing them.

You're not helping anybody out by saying SSRs are soft. You're only evidence is that they bend when you hit potholes.

Now you keep getting them repaired which is making them less structurally sound over time.

When they fail from hitting potholes I'm sure that's their fault too right?

You're not helping anybody out by saying SSRs are soft. You're only evidence is that they bend when you hit potholes.

Now you keep getting them repaired which is making them less structurally sound over time.

When they fail from hitting potholes I'm sure that's their fault too right?

They are 15 pound wheels, as far as I know the lightest available. You can only shave so much weight off a wheel before structural integrity is sacrificed. They are soft wheels, and the lips bend easily. Perhaps other wheels would bend in similar circumstances, but I doubt it, they weren't big pot holes and I wasn't going fast. Anyways I'm done arguing, these are my observations, take them or leave them. Unsubscribed.

my replicas hold up good becuase they were personally blessed by a priest in taiwan for $30 each wheel. As for the pothole problem I suggest you rent lego racers for nintendo 64 and take some pointers.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/Legoracers.jpg

spend the extra money for forged wheels!

SSRs are forged.

They are also known for being a touch soft. They're not crazy soft like some other brands though. What do you expect for sub 15lb 17s? They should still hold up to normal use fine, sounds like OP isn't in normal use.

I own a pair I love, but they're really only track wheels for me at this point.

They are 18" ssr competion c. The biggest problem is Im in Utah, and due to climate the roads are constantly being broken up from ice/snow. I don't have pics, it's already been repaired. You've all seen what a bent lip looks like. Next winter I'll take them off and run something else until the roads are repaired in early spring.

Archived