LegacyGT.com

Strut top hat dust covers question

Soarin

So, long story short I got the Bilstein HD upgrade kit and had a shop install everything. They didn't use the new top hat dust caps included in the kit. I put for front ones on, but I have no idea about the rear.

Could they have used the dust caps off the LGT struts? What if there are no dust caps on the rear upper mounts?

Because of the adjusters when I installed my Konis the stock dust caps don't fit (front or rear). I just left them off. Every once in a while I hit them with some PB blaster and move the adjuster back and forth so they don't corrode in place (mainly for the front; rears being in the car are less susceptible to corrosion) . No issues so far.

The HDs don't have the adjusters that the Koni's have. So I don't think there are any dust cap fitment issues. All you have to do to look at them is pull some of the carpeting in the trunk out from behind the back seat. Pretty easy to get at.

The HDs don't have the adjusters that the Koni's have. So I don't think there are any dust cap fitment issues. All you have to do to look at them is pull some of the carpeting in the trunk out from behind the back seat. Pretty easy to get at.

Agreed. I was simply indicating that if there are dust cap issues for whatever reason you are fine to run without them, especially in for the rear shocks.

Archived