LegacyGT.com

So i ordered borla headers!!

link138

Hrm. When I ordered my Borlas they came with the new gaskets... Does your stock gasket work or no?
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Now borla is telling me they do not come with gaskets, after i received the header. Autozone does not carry the flange gasket for the collector to mid-pipe section. WTF?

Any ideas?

Honestly, check with someone else at AutoZone or even a different AutoZone. Everytime I order a part from them it's the wrong one. I ordered a transmission filter, it was the wrong one. I ordered a muffler complete w/pipe, it was the wrong part, the list goes on and on......

If it's still a no go try the one you have now. There is a high possibility that it will leak. If you could get a picture we could try to look it up online for you.

http://www2.partstrain.com/store/index.php?VN=4294967189+4294964890+4294964576+4294965878+4294966803&Nr=AND(universal:0)&N=0&Ntt=Exhaust%20Gasket

Is it similar to one of these?

Also, I bought a gasket from Autozone very similar to the one at the top of that page.... Same brand (Bosal) and everything for $22. These ones are $3. I'd get the part online as opposed to AutoZone.

I've been looking for another cat-back system for quite some time and haven't found anything lately either. SPO used to have all kinds of stuff from Borla and others but they all appear to be defunct now... :(

Got the gaskets and new hardware from the stealership, (66$ later). Now i went to put the headers on and they wouldn't fit!!!!! Called up jegs and they shipped me new ones next day, I will be trying this new set probably on Sunday, i hope it fits!!

I bet it didn't fit because of the oil filter placement on the 4EAT. I had the same problem when fitting borla replicas on my 99 forester. I found that a oil filter for a late 90's miata has the exact same gasket pattern, but is a little smaller, enabling fitment of the header. NAPA gold part #: 1356

You guys looking for a quality exhaust system with a great sound and fitment should check out Stromung's stuff at http://www.boxer4racing.com

How much are you guys paying for the replicas? Is it a super huge difference from the price of the Borlas? I'm just curious because a lot of people seem to have little issues with them and I'm wondering if it was worth the savings.

I was thinking about getting the Borla header. Are the one's you find on eBay the knock offs? They say Borla and look exactly like the one you see on Borla's website. When you say it doesn't fit, was it just because of a particular defect in the one you were sent? Or are all of them going to be like that? I have a 2.5 with a 5 speed.

If they say they're Borla headers, they most likely are. Just ask the seller to be sure before you buy. The knock-offs generally don't say anything about Borla. Just "Subaru headers!!!OMGROTFLWAFFLE!!!!" or whatever.

Yeah. I have the Borla headers and they're fantastic. I would highly recommend them over the knock-offs or any other brands.

Header are on, i had to take some metal off, but no big deal. I now found tha the rear flange for the "axle-back" is totally rusted on one side of the flange to the point where i need a full cat-back :wub:

I am correct in saying that any cat-back for a impreza 98-01 will fit my 2k LGT?

Actually, no. They are a bit different. However, with slight modification I'm sure you can make it fit if you've found something you really like. In all honesty, it's extremely difficult to find cat-backs for our cars these days. :(

Well, no. You can always get a custom cat-back. Sometimes, they're even cheaper depending on who does and what you get.

Archived