LegacyGT.com

Subaru posts 2008 sales increase in US

mad99

Just read this on yahoo finance news. Great job Subaru!!! Hopefully this will get some more publicity for Subaru especially since the auto industry is under such scrutiny. Stay simple, lean, and efficient.

I'm sure the AWD and gas mileage was the key to this. Everyone trading their SUV's for more fuel efficient AWD cars.

To bad the "news" only reports how horrible U.S. car sales are. I guess posting an increase in a down market doesn't qualify as "news" because it contains no gloom & doom.

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't seen this reported anywhere, and I've been purposely looking :spin:

Anyways, it's good news for Subaru. Hopefully they'll start paying more attention to the Legacy line.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I hope this isn't a re-post, I quickly checked the list prior to posting.

I certainly found it interesting that Subaru was able to remain flat while all others were down, besides Mini who was able to capitalize on the small car craze fueled by the gas price spike.

source autoblog.com

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/05/by-the-numbers-2008-phew-glad-thats-over-edition/print/

EDIT - Oh well I can't get the formatting to look right in our posting system, check out the link above.

To bad the "news" only reports how horrible U.S. car sales are. I guess posting an increase in a down market doesn't qualify as "news" because it contains no gloom & doom.

It seems like the automakers are taking hits all over the world. Honda and Toyota reported some dismal percentages. It's so bad, Hyundai is allowing people to return their cars in the first year if they lose their job (beyond their control). I just hope Subaru can keep it up while everyone else is imploding.

Did anyone watch the Fox news related video on that page about Subaru 'Bucking the trend' ?

They try and make something huge out of nothing. Talk about sensationalism journalism at its best jeez. :rolleyes:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/ynews;_ylt=AmUYOnkKscuApNk0uRSyY3Ns.aF4?ch=4226720&cl=11417922〈=en

And that chick looks like she was kicked in the mouth by a horse! :eek:

"...But naught at SOOBARRRUUU"

I still think it's amazing that Toyota can sell so many cars between just 3 brands.

It's also a question of number of models and the amount of markets covered.

What's more interesting is what will happen to Subaru this year. Will they keep afloat or is it that their sales drop was delayed?

I suspect that if Toyota weren't in the SUV sector at all they wouldn't have posted a loss either. That segment went from hot to freezing in an instant.

453747.png

It seems like the automakers are taking hits all over the world. Honda and Toyota reported some dismal percentages. It's so bad, Hyundai is allowing people to return their cars in the first year if they lose their job (beyond their control). I just hope Subaru can keep it up while everyone else is imploding.

A few days ago an agent for auto importers told me that there are 35,000 Kias sitting in lots in this state alone waiting to make entry into the USDM (as they are currently parked in "Free Trade Zones"). :spin::spin:

I'd have to assume Kia is producing cars in Korea solely to keep people employed because these cars have been sitting here for months...

No one wants to buy cars. Even cheap crappy Kias.

Edit: Sorry a bit off topic.

^ I think you mean: "No one wants to buy those cars because they are cheap crappy Kias."

+1 and QFT.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
I won't bad-mouth Kia since they're building a plant here in Georgia.

I will being I see them everyday as our dealership is also a Nissan/Kia dealer on top of Subaru.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Yep, Subaru is up over this month last year and the Forester sales are up 115% verse Jan 08

Archived