LegacyGT.com

3D Printing Development Thread

Sure, I could do that. I'd just need some dimensions of the gauges you'd want. Plenty of room for 2 gauges.

It's a 11/16" diameter ball. If the ram mount is different, we could get you a different size ball no problem.

I think I have the b size which is for a 1" ball. So that should probably work.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, I could do that. I'd just need some dimensions of the gauges you'd want. Plenty of room for 2 gauges.

It's a 11/16" diameter ball. If the ram mount is different, we could get you a different size ball no problem.

And the way we designed the post for the ball, it can easily be changed to a post with another accessory on the end with the removal of one screw. At the moment there is just the one ball but we can put pretty much anything on the end of the post....

My garmin ball ramount ball is great. On my beta version it's fit was snug not it has worn down a bit and I sanded off a rough string of plastic printing slag.

Love the fitment overall just need to finalize my gauge install

I'm looking at the PLX DM-6 gauges, which are 52mm diameter and 18mm thick. It's hard to tell without measuring, but the mounting depth might only be 10-12mm for those gauges. Considering that, would there be room for an access port mounting stalk? I'm thinking it probably wouldn't work unless the stalk unscrews, but I haven't actually measured anything yet. Let me know if you need anything from me. I have access to a 3d printer at work (makerbot) if you want me to print prototypes.

The gauge pods and Dash Rattle Stoppers are going like hotcakes! One more gauge pod is going out to cypher0117 today or tomorrow. I'd love to see photos of these installed once you get them. If there are any issues with install or fitment get with me and I'll make it right.

I still have one 2 gauge pod with the accessport post available for immediate shipping.

How much? I am interested

Looks like I'm one of the first to have the 3 gauge pod installed. Here is the breakdown:

It was a lot easier to install the pod than I thought it was going to be. The detachable mount points were more stable that I originally thought. I had 3 gauges to put in and all three of them were slightly bigger than the printed hole. I needed to sand out the opening a little bit to get the gauges to seat all the way in. I measured the diameter after sanding and it was 52.4ish mm. This might be beneficial for future prints, however I do know that the walls and clearances are tight. I have 3 guages (2 prosports and 1 innovative). The innovative fit better and required less sanding than the prosports. After measuring some things out I don't know that 2 innovative gauges would fit side by side, as their bezels are wider than the prosports. The prosport gauge bezels are (as far as I can tell) the same diameter as the outer diameter of the gauge holes. All in all this piece looks really nice for a printed part

IMG_0045.thumb.JPG.3a7680d30aac47c333c5b71918ccd304.JPG

IMG_0046.thumb.JPG.dd2d2dddd78078e0a380373a7cc09d32.JPG

IMG_0047.thumb.JPG.d1e58dcb5ca39da2e77717300f5e6c6e.JPG

IMG_0044.thumb.JPG.48653412baaafe2080ce9c3d01dc128c.JPG

IMG_0043.thumb.JPG.898cb36a71aa701d46812b432ecf1581.JPG

Hi everyone, Tom Kaufmann here from http://forum.liberty.asn.au/ in Australia :). Proud owner of a 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Wagon - 6sp Manual (as you might know Subaru calls them Liberty here, not Legacy). I hadn't registered on LGT.com before, but I've spent many ...many hours reading your forum.

Thanks to our member BigBADbenny, I discovered your 3D printed items. We have the same dash rattle as the rest of you guys. And we've had a lot of interest in your awesome Dash Rattle Kits. So much so that I'm organising a Group Buy (link below). I've had it up less than 24h, and we have already have 8 people now (EDIT: 10 now, and 11 sets) who want to buy a set.

I checked the Emergentprinting.com link, and saw that postage is free to Australia? I wanted to save you guys some postage by doing a GB, but is there even any advantage in doing a GB? Australia is a big country, so individual postage won't be cheap either (probably a quarter or more of the item's price).

I think I will go ahead and buy 20x of your v2s on behalf of our members, if that's ok. Reply or PM me with how you'd you'd like us to order, or if indivdual orders are easier.

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=27853

Edited by tom_kauf

Hi everyone, Tom Kaufmann here from http://forum.liberty.asn.au/ in Australia :). Proud owner of a 2008 Liberty GT SpecB Wagon - 6sp Manual (as you might know Subaru calls them Liberty here, not Legacy). I hadn't registered on LGT.com before, but I've spent many ...many hours reading your forum.

Thanks to our member BigBADbenny, I discovered your 3D printed items. We have the same dash rattle as the rest of you guys. And we've had a lot of interest in your awesome Dash Rattle Kits. So much so that I'm organising a Group Buy (link below). I've had it up less than 24h, and we have already have 8 people now (EDIT: 10 now, and 11 sets) who want to buy a set.

I checked the Emergentprinting.com link, and saw that postage is free to Australia? I wanted to save you guys some postage by doing a GB, but is there even any advantage in doing a GB? Australia is a big country, so individual postage won't be cheap either (probably a quarter or more of the item's price).

I think I will go ahead and buy 20x of your v2s on behalf of our members, if that's ok. Reply or PM me with how you'd you'd like us to order, or if indivdual orders are easier.

Wow. Unfortunately the free postage is for the US only, and even the by the time I ship these I'm right at the sale price. I would love to send 20 of them over but you are correct in that I don't have then in stock. I will be glad to kick production into high gear and get them going. As for the postage, it will be about $15 to send the kit of 20 units over. Pm me and we can discuss it.

Wow. Unfortunately the free postage is for the US only, and even the by the time I ship these I'm right at the sale price. I would love to send 20 of them over but you are correct in that I don't have then in stock. I will be glad to kick production into high gear and get them going. As for the postage, it will be about $15 to send the kit of 20 units over. Pm me and we can discuss it.

Cool, no problem :). I was very surprised when I entered Australia into the shipping calculator and it said it was free. $15 sounds great, but you can double-check if it will be more. I'll PM you with my address but I think the postage won't change much (if at all).

If anyone is on the fence about these products get off and order them already :). I ordered both a 3 gauge pod and dash rattle kit from discojon and both were shipped same day then received a couple of days later. Awesome quality and great customer service.

Way to go man, keep up the good work!

Any chance you could make a triple cubby pod that retains functionality of the flip-top cover? Or maybe at least not quite so protruding?

Personally I think the protruding 'bugeye' look is pretty fugly looking...

Yea I agree that would look better. However, there's just not enough room if you want 3 gauges tucked in the cubby bezel while keeping the door. See how they already look crammed close together, the 2 outer gauge faces can't be tucked in anymore if you look at the pictures. If someone wanted a 2 gauge one with the cubby door, that'd be easy, but with 3 gauges I couldn't do that.

Another ADM Liberty Club member has bought one of the scratch n dent triple gauge holders and will attempt installing it in a spare prefacelift 5mt ashtray piece (in front of the shift boot).

The aperture will require considerable widening of course.

I'll be doing same pending how it goes, if not sooner...

Keep up the great work, DJ and the other 3DP PPL :)

Another ADM Liberty Club member has bought one of the scratch n dent triple gauge holders and will attempt installing it in a spare prefacelift 5mt ashtray piece (in front of the shift boot).

The aperture will require considerable widening of course.

I'll be doing same pending how it goes, if not sooner...

Keep up the great work, DJ and the other 3DP PPL :)

Interested to see how it turns out.

I have one 3 gauge pod scratch and dent, and one 2 pod with post scratch and dent available currently.

UPDATE:

These are currently en route to Australia. I hope they are able to fix the rattles you guys have like it does for us.

Does anyone want Emblems or badges? Don't want to be a one trick pony here with the dash pods.