LegacyGT.com

Anyone install BCT15 Beartracker Scanner Police Install Legacy Subaru

I'm thinking about installing the BCT15 Beartracker Scanner into my Subaru Legacy. I was hoping I wasn't the first person to try and tackle something like this but a couple of searches turned up NOTHING!

Here is a picture of the mobile scanner.

I was thinking about possibly fitting it in the glove box where the book normally sits.

Any ideas?

Anyone have any experience with this scanner installed in a legacy?

Thanks

1710449207_BCT15BeartrackerMobileBlack_.jpg.3a198d5f8c2640d54498223cfba1de1a.jpg

tealdub, how exactly is that illegal?

A scanner, by definition, is perfectly legal. The ONLY frequencies that are illegal to monitor are 850MHz/1.9GHz in the Cell phone bands. Beyond that, all police frequencies are legal to monitor.

tealdub is probably referring to listening to it in the car.

I did some searching yesterday and there are some states like New York where I think they have banned the use of scanners in vehicles.

In California I think it is perfectly legal.

According to some of my searching CA allows it.

Some cities can make their own laws to gover this.

However, I was more concerned with finding anyone here that has installed somethign like this in the legacy.

I guess I might be the first! :)

most laws will say that it is illegal to use in the commission of a crime...but committing the crime is also illegal. :)

I am just interested in activity in my area and would like to hear what is going on from time to time.

Not interested in getting out of speed traps or using it to avoid police.

Archived