LegacyGT.com

5eat shift logic

ericem

Hey guys I have done some searching and never found any results. Just curious if it is possible to change the way it shifts in Drive.

Lets say I give it 50% throttle it goes RIGHT to 6k rpm. I would much rather it shift at 5k or even 4500rpm! I find myself often shifting manually. I don't like how it hangs on the gears when it should just shift instead of letting it continue reving mostly free without much load.

Could this be another issue? I have driven other 07+ lgt's and I think they felt similar though don't remember now. Feedback please! Thanks!

Short answer is no.

Nobody has cracked the programming, therefore there are no tuning solutions of the stock shift logic.

What you describe is normal.

The transmission is holding onto that gear for a bit in anticipation you may get on the throttle again.

SI Drive settings definitely modify the shift logic, but also alters the throttle response.

I-mode: Early up-shifts, near-100% TC lock-up

S-mode: Slightly delayed up-shifts and TC lock-up

S#-mode: Video game mode, hugely delayed shifts, early downshifts.

I believe custom tuners can alter the SI-drive settings, so there may be a route to using the SI-drive shift logic while maintaining the typical throttle settings.

did a amsoil transmission fluid change but still feels similar if anything maybe pulses more between the 1st to 2nd gear change. It is overfilled a bit though going to drain some out tomorrow. I think now the only thing bothering me is at certain throttle I can get it to pulse between just 1st to 2nd gear shift. In manual mode and full throttle never a issue always perfect firm shift.

drained some fluid maybe 1/4-1/2qt? Cleaned my maf again, and this time noticed in romraider when I hit reset ecu/tcu it just resets the ecu. So checked off tcu and did a reset worked wonders! Shifts are firm solid no pulsing car feels great now!

drained some fluid maybe 1/4-1/2qt? Cleaned my maf again, and this time noticed in romraider when I hit reset ecu/tcu it just resets the ecu. So checked off tcu and did a reset worked wonders! Shifts are firm solid no pulsing car feels great now!

Give it a couple weeks to see how it settles via learning. If it goes back to its old ways, you're a candidate for an upgraded valve body (since you like how it shifts after reset, which is more firm)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Ive noticed something in my 07 LGT 5EAT in Sport Sharp mode. When the car is in shift mode while I'm getting on it, the car will shift early to 3rd (approx around 5000 rpm). Does anyone else have this problem?

Archived