LegacyGT.com

Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

I bought the Jazy Mod and the Ground Loop from crutchfeild.

Can someone please tell me the order to plug it in

Like you said, it doesn't matter where you plug it in, as long as it's inline between the board & audio device. There is tons of room behind the radio if you want to stuff it back there, but you can put it wherever you want.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if it's any indication, every subaru instruction when working on the car, even just body panels, is 1) disconnect the battery.

Because you are working with something electrical, it would be in your best intrest to disconnect the battery's negative terminal before proceeding.

Okay so I took the day and installed my Jazzy board! I love it! The sound is crisp and clear, WAYY better than my iTrip. The only thing I noticed is that there is some loss in volume output. It still plays LOUD when you want it too, but it is less loud at a specific volume (20 for example) than it used to be.

The install was a little nerve racking because I was worried about eff'n something up or scratching the dash. It took about 2 hours total. It would have taken about a half hour less if I hadn't stuffed the connection for the cigarette lighter up behind the radio where I coundn't reach it the first time :icon_frow

Here is a crappy pic of my iPod in its new home. I basically ran the connection out from under the passenger side of the center console. Not the cleanest install but super practical for my purposes.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/733/dscf00314tq.th.jpg

BTW I DID disconnect my battery before starting the process. Better to be safe with stuff like this.

Thanks Jazzy!!

I got this for my wife for Christmas. She was working today, so I dropped her off and spent the afternoon with the OB in the garage. I ran a line out to the center console, then into a Belkin Auto Kit. A few notes for anyone who's thinking about doing this:

Full list of parts needed:

• Jazzy Aux-in thing
  • Radio Shack ground loop isolator
  • Radio Shack 3' 2 x Male RCA-to-mini cable (incl. 6" 2 x female RCA-to-mini cable)
  • Radio Shack female-to-female RCA connector 2-pack

I ran the 3' cable out of the stereo, connected to the female-to-female RCA connectors, to the ground loop isolator, then to the included 6" 2 x female RCA-to-mini cable. I drilled a 1/2" hole in the bottom of the armrest storage cubby and ran the cable in through there. I also taped the cable to other nearby cables in a few places just to keep things tidy.

Finally: when removing the screws that hold in the stereo, note that there are two recessed screws that you need to remove, and that you don't need to remove the screws all the way at the top. This makes no sense until you remove the wrong screws and can't get the stereo out, but keep it in mind in case you get into that situation.

Thanks again to Jazzy for the great product, especially at such a great price.

The only thing I noticed is that there is some loss in volume output. It still plays LOUD when you want it too, but it is less loud at a specific volume (20 for example) than it used to be.

How are you getting your audio signal from your iPod? Are you simply going off the headphone jack (couldn't tell from your photo). The line-out audio from the dock connector on the bottom is of higher quality and higher level and is the source you really should be using. The iTrip, IIRC, get's it's audio from the headphone jack.

Ken

For anyone who is wondering, this aux-in mod does indeed work for Canadian LGT's.

I put mine in today, the only thing I messed up on was that I pulled the connector on the antenna a little too hard and the wire came out of its connecter. I'll use one of those electrical twisties to rejoin the wires when I get back home...

Thanks Jazzy for the wonderful piece of electrical doo-dad!

Claw.

How are you getting your audio signal from your iPod? Are you simply going off the headphone jack (couldn't tell from your photo). The line-out audio from the dock connector on the bottom is of higher quality and higher level and is the source you really should be using. The iTrip, IIRC, get's it's audio from the headphone jack.

Ken

Yup the signal is just going out through the headphone jack. I may have to pick up a dock connector...Thanks for the heads up!

Hi there Jazzy,

I read through most of this thread and your kit is exactly what I would like [to hook up my iPod and Sirius] and it's at an awesome price.

I Paypal'd you the money and I can't wait for my first (of many) mod on my LGT.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Yup, its official, i'm a dumbass. After saying to myself, "Oh, theres no way I messed up, no need to check things before I put the interior back together", I find that I bought the wrong effing cable. FM, AM, and CD work, just no iPod. I'll be at radio shack when they open then I get to do the install all over again. :icon_mad:

Hi there Jazzy,

I read through most of this thread and your kit is exactly what I would like [to hook up my iPod and Sirius] and it's at an awesome price.

I Paypal'd you the money and I can't wait for my first (of many) mod on my LGT.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

+1 - Jason

Finally: when removing the screws that hold in the stereo, note that there are two recessed screws that you need to remove, and that you don't need to remove the screws all the way at the top. This makes no sense until you remove the wrong screws and can't get the stereo out, but keep it in mind in case you get into that situation.

Glad I wasn't the only one who tried removing those...

I wanted to know if anybody else is having a volume problem after installing an XM receiver with Jazzy's aux-in mod. I am using an Audiovox Xpress and

when I plug the 3.5mm jack into the the output of the Xpress, the volume of an audio CD would decrease noticeably, definately more than 25%. While I won't be playing audio CD's while listening to XM, so long as the Xpress is connected to the aux-in mod, I'm going to have to crank the volume up.

Several things worth noting:

1. I haven't bought a GLI to correct for noise in my system yet(and yes, there is plenty). This wouldn't have anything to do with my problem, would it?

2. This problem was not evident when I used my iPod (audio taken from dock connector, not headphone jack).

Jazzy, I apologize for PMing you about this issue also, but I thought I'd ask everyone while I was at it.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

I wanted to know if anybody else is having a volume problem after installing an XM receiver with Jazzy's aux-in mod. I am using an Audiovox Xpress and

when I plug the 3.5mm jack into the the output of the Xpress, the volume of an audio CD would decrease noticeably, definately more than 25%. While I won't be playing audio CD's while listening to XM, so long as the Xpress is connected to the aux-in mod, I'm going to have to crank the volume up.

There is mention of this somewhere in the previous 32 pages. I think the example stated was an iPod sucking volume from a sat radio device when plugged in simultaneously. Only plug in what you will be listening to at any given time. Or find a switcher that can do it for you automatically or with a button push.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

For anyone who is wondering, this aux-in mod does indeed work for Canadian LGT's.

I put mine in today, the only thing I messed up on was that I pulled the connector on the antenna a little too hard and the wire came out of its connecter. I'll use one of those electrical twisties to rejoin the wires when I get back home...

Thanks Jazzy for the wonderful piece of electrical doo-dad!

Claw.

+1. Mine's in and works great. Now I just have to get something more useful to connect to it...

And as far as the battery connection, I wouldn't bother, there's not much risk of doing any harm while working on the stereo.

Andy

This question is to anyone that already has this installed and uses it with any satellite radio. Is the GLI necessary? I already have my Jazzy mod, just awaiting the install and I don't want my radio out twice if it can be avoided. I'm sure the easy thing is to say just "get the GLI and be safe", but I can't find one local and i'm anxious to install.

FWIW, I use my ipod on it. I was in your shoes too (didn't want to wait for crutchfield to ship the GLI) so i just did it without one. I've found that the GL humm isn't really that noticable. I mean, if you try to hear it you can, but its not too bothersome. That being said, if you need to have your satellite radio/whatever else connected to power at all times, I would probably wait for the GLI.

I have 2 quick questions on this install. So far it is going great, the sound is much improved over my FM modulator. In reinstalling the stereo I see a single black wire with a connector on it that is in the same bundle as the 2 HVAC cables, but I don't recall disconnecting this during removal, and I don't see anywhere to reconnect it too?? Is this used?? Is this a ground?? Where did this wire come from?

Also, I am trying to tap into the cigarette lighter for my Sirius 12V, but it has no power for some reason. When I turn the headlights on, the 2 wires for lighting the ashtray and lighter get 12V, but the cigarette lighter itself is not getting any power?? Fuse maybe? any thoughts?

Thanks