LegacyGT.com

Dealerships - WHO'S GOOD? WHO'S BAD?

Maddie08

Below is a running thread with a rating/poll on top that one could add more dealerships to. Give them a rating. The thread/all of the replies would provide the subjective experience as to why said dealership/service dept/sales dept should be given money or avoided like the plague.

Results to date:

Excellent (5/5):

Sunset Subaru, Sarasota FL

Reynold's Subaru, Lyme, CT

Grayson Subaru, Knoxville,TN

Prestige Subaru, Asheville, NC (Sales only)

Lou Fusz Subaru, Creve Couer, MO (Service only)

Good (4/5):

Mastro Subaru, Orlando, FL (Mod-friendly) - 2 votes

Holmgren Subaru, N. Franklin, CT

Subaru Flemington, NJ

Premier Motors, Santa Fe, NM

Average (3/5) :

Coleman Motors, Trenton, NJ

Webster Groves Subaru, Webster Groves, MO

Mediocre (2/5):

Subaru, Camp Hill/Mechanicsburg PA

Bad (1/5):

Subaru/Ford, Rye NY - 2 votes

Horrible (0/5):

Subaru, Stamford CT

Dean Team Subaru, Ballwin, MO

Village Subaru, Acton MA

Cityside Subaru, Belmont, MA

Wakefield Subaru, Wakfield, MA

Nitti's Subaru, Hamilton, NJ

The care store norwich vermont

Kelly Subaru, Chattanooga, TN

San Bernardino Subaru, CA (See writeup on 2nd page)

Summary of my experiences below (service only). I need yet to post full review of these assholes at Villeage and Wakefield particularly.

Good:

Subaru Flemington, NJ - very courteous customer service, good master tech

Premier Motors, Santa Fe, NM - very good customer service, helpful

Horrible:

Village Subaru, Acton MA - incompetent monkeys, asshole general manager, scratch and dent your car

Cityside Subaru, Belmont, MA - crooks, try to defraud Subaru with false warranty claim for parts that were not replaced

Wakefield Subaru, Wakfield, MA - biggest asshole service manager I've seen, incompetent, can't do simple job right, despite repeat visit

Nitti's Subaru, Hamilton, NJ - pathetic service writer, rip you off on a stupid bolt that was missing from factory, incompetent as well

Average:

Coleman Motors, Trenton, NJ - okay, nothing bad or particularly good

Stealing from unclemat. I will be going to Lou Fusz Subaru in St. Peters next week, so I'll hopefully have an experience with the only other dealership in the St. Louis area to complete the list. I'm told that the master tech at St. Peters is known to be one of the best in the country.

Summary of my experiences below.

Good:

Lou Fusz Subaru, Creve Couer, MO - Brian Eaton (Service rep) is amazing. He knows every single TSB and Recall I could even think of from memory, they have fantastic records keeping, and they seem to truly understand problems as you explain it to them. They even did a free car wash for me when I brought the LGT in for the recall for the oil feed line bracket (apparently, a free wash is normal with service there). They give a discount to STLSubaru members as well, which is a nice bit of support. There is nowhere I could recommend to them to improve their service, though I have not dealt with their sales side at all.

Horrible:

Dean Team Subaru, Ballwin, MO - I have had no experience with them that was even remotely positive. From their sales staff to their service advisors, everyone is flat out lying the majority of the time. I would not trust them with a rental KIA, nor would I accept a car from them even if it were 'free'.

Average:

Webster Groves Subaru, Webster Groves, MO - I have bought both of my Subarus from Carl Meier at WGS. It has always been a very straight deal, and while they don't have the best inventory or the highest volume to give the best deals, he has always been no-nonsense and no real haggling. On the flip side, their service department has not instilled me with confidence. I regularly have had to bring the car in 2-3 times to fix very basic problems (trim pieces coming loose, etc). The last time I went to them was to discuss the TSB around the AVCS/Turbo Oil feed filters on the LGT, and Neal (Service Center Manager) had no idea what I was talking about. After that conversation, I emailed him a copy of the TSB, and have not returned since. Bear in mind, this was around July of 2008, so it's not like this was a 'new' bulletin.

Excellent (5/5):

Good (4/5):

Subaru Flemington, NJ

Lou Fusz Subaru, Creve Couer, MO

Average (3/5) :

Mediocre (2/5):

Subaru, Rye NY

Bad (1/5):

Horrible (0/5):

Subaru, Stamford CT

Village Subaru, Acton MA

Excellent

Knowledgeable service manager, and a very professional staff.

Good

Excellent service dept, very quick and friendly.

No Subaru Loaner Program, which earns it the "good" ranking. I live literally 3 minutes from them, and they always offer to shuttle me if I don't want to wait.

Also, the sales team never followed up on both purchases I made with them.

Excellent 5/5

Great service dept, although there's a sales rep there who's always trying to get me to buy a new STI :lol:

Prestige Subaru, Asheville, NC

Fantastic experience with their sales dept., not much experience with them outside of that.

Pretty Good 4/5

Mastro Subaru, Orlando, FL

Decent service dept, met several people there who are performance enthusiasts and don't bust my balls about having modded my car

Awful 0/5

Biggest bunch of colossal idiots in the service dept I have ever seen. Ever. Several people, including the service manager, gave me grief about modding my car. In addition, the service manager quoted me 800 bucks to do the fan relay TSB that came out a while back.

Excellent 5/5

Stamford Subaru – Our family has purchased a total of 7 Subaru’s from this dealership. All of them for way under the dealer invoice. The service department is top notch. They take pride in the work they do and always do it properly the first time.

Bad 0/5

Rye/Ford Subaru – They sold me a car which had previous body damage on the right rear passenger door. They never told me this when I purchased the car. The people at Stamford Subaru noticed it during a scheduled service. Rye/Ford Subaru wouldn’t fess up until they heard another dealership noticed that the door had been repaired. They finally admitted it and I demanded that they document it in writing so I wouldn’t have an issue turning it in when the lease was over. They also sold me this car with a plug in the right front tire. I don’t even want to talk about the service and parts departments… How about it took them 4 tries and 1 month to replace a broken driver’s side air vent.

Funny how I give Stamford a 0/5 :)

Excellent 5/5

Stamford Subaru – Our family has purchased a total of 7 Subaru’s from this dealership. All of them for way under the dealer invoice. The service department is top notch. They take pride in the work they do and always do it properly the first time.

Bad 0/5

Rye/Ford Subaru – They sold me a car which had previous body damage on the right rear passenger door. They never told me this when I purchased the car. The people at Stamford Subaru noticed it during a scheduled service. Rye/Ford Subaru wouldn’t fess up until they heard another dealership noticed that the door had been repaired. They finally admitted it and I demanded that they document it in writing so I wouldn’t have an issue turning it in when the lease was over. They also sold me this car with a plug in the right front tire. I don’t even want to talk about the service and parts departments… How about it took them 4 tries and 1 month to replace a broken driver’s side air vent.

Excellent (5/5):

Prestige Subaru, Asheville, NC (Sales only)

Lou Fusz Subaru, Creve Couer, MO (Service only)

Good (4/5):

Mastro Subaru, Orlando, FL (Mod-friendly) - 2 votes

Subaru Flemington, NJ

Average (3/5) :

Mediocre (2/5):

Bad (1/5):

Subaru/Ford, Rye NY - 2 votes

Horrible (0/5):

Subaru, Stamford CT

Village Subaru, Acton MA

The care store norwich vermont

0/5 Extremely Horrible

San Bernardino Subaru, CA

First of all, I believe this dealer is discrimanant towards the minority group. This dealer is extremely unprofessional in what they do by cheating people they do sneaky things in the paperwork. The location of it is bad. The cleanliness is absolutely horrible on the outside there is cats and cat poop everywhere. Just stay away from this dealer they will cause you alot more trouble then you really want.

Sales: Sucks period.

Service: Even worse and they are rude.

First time I went there tried to me and my parents tried to bargain for for a good deal for 29k and the assistant sales manager counter offer was 30,814. Didn't like it so we left. I contact him again and to see if he will change his mind if I add 500 bucks to the we offered him 29k even to make it 29,500 out the door. He later bs's that my parents offer was 29,814 and said with that with my 500 bucks extra that puts me at 30,314 dollars out the door including tax and license. I said fine what ever close enough I'll go buy it. So I paid $30,300 for it out the door. After the deal was done he said "You owe your parents 500 bucks now." 10 days later he says that I owe him 500 bucks in which I already paid in full I said I wouldn't pay that because the deal was done. He calls me a second time today and says I have to pay that 500 today and I still said no. If I did pay that 500 bucks more then I would of paid 1000 extra which I did not agree to to pay for the total price of 30,800. I said the deal was done and he keeps arguing with me and he said it's not. So I said I will fax him his exact email he sent me before I came in to buy the car and said go look at this with another employee and have him or her read and tell you what is says and what he agreed to and then call me back. He does that which I believe is bs and calls me back 10 minutes later and threatens to put a lean on the car title and he will have my car reposed if I don't come up with the money. My parents said you have no right to do that let us talk to your general manager and he said he wasn't in. We were like F that we'll take you to court and we will settle this there the he keeps argueing with me and my parents stepped in too and said we will hire an attorney and sue him for cheating and swindling a kid and being a racist for try to take advantage of a minority. My family and I of course are asian. He has the nerve to say I would lose alot more then just that 500 bucks and my parent said is that another threat? You just wait and see and we hung up. He thinks we were bluffing. I had my attorney call him back half hour later. My attorney talked to him and he got scared and transferred the call to to the who ever was in charge today which I think it was the General managers wife. My attorney was talking to her and she say I still owe them money. So we ended up faxing that email to her too and she read it. She still tries to argue a little more and finally backs off and and says I guess you are right and that was the end of it. I mean what kind of dealer does that ask you for money in which you already paid in full. When you buy a car you pay that price on which both party agrees to. They did some tricky and sneaky stuff in the sales contract and tries to collect a bonus 500 bucks. Also I found rust on the control arms and took it to them before this whole bs started and I called the assistant sales manager and told himmy car is rusting on the control arms and I want this fixed. He told me to come in and just see the service manager. I explain my situation about the rust and the first thing he says to me and my mother very rudely and loudly YOU NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT! and I told him the assistant sales manager told me to just come in I dont need an appointment. He said fine I will look at it. I said I want this fixed he says we won't fix it and I said what does your warranty say about rust. You must honor you warranty. He got all defensive and started screaming. This guy is a racist too the previous lady infront of me didnt have an appointment he was speaking very calm and nicely to her. We said we would report him to SOA and he said go ahead. Later his tone changes and I also told him the paint on my hood is coming off and on the body side molding. He later says after all that stuff I will take care of it for you. That was the end of all this. Finally!!!!

Has anybody come into a similar situation as me before?

• 2 weeks later...
excellent.... claremont subaru,nh horrible ....the care store norwich vermont....kept telling me my care was fine even thought i had 2 cracked pistons...the worst servic dept iv ever been 2....

Care to elaborate? I've been working with TCS in Norwich for the last week to get SOA to cover my turbo failure under warranty and they're on my side. Absolutely the best treatment by a dealership I've ever gotten. I've heard horrible stories about Claremont however...

I'd give The Car Store 4/5 on service, 3/5 on sales for some schiesty business I've seen go down in there.

0/5 Extremely Horrible

San Bernardino Subaru, CA

First of all, I believe this dealer is discrimanant towards the minority group. This dealer is extremely unprofessional in what they do by cheating people they do sneaky things in the paperwork. The location of it is bad. The cleanliness is absolutely horrible on the outside there is cats and cat poop everywhere. Just stay away from this dealer they will cause you alot more trouble then you really want.

Sales: Sucks period.

Service: Even worse and they are rude.

First time I went there tried to me and my parents tried to bargain for for a good deal for 29k and the assistant sales manager counter offer was 30,814. Didn't like it so we left. I contact him again and to see if he will change his mind if I add 500 bucks to the we offered him 29k even to make it 29,500 out the door. He later bs's that my parents offer was 29,814 and said with that with my 500 bucks extra that puts me at 30,314 dollars out the door including tax and license. I said fine what ever close enough I'll go buy it. So I paid $30,300 for it out the door. After the deal was done he said "You owe your parents 500 bucks now." 10 days later he says that I owe him 500 bucks in which I already paid in full I said I wouldn't pay that because the deal was done. He calls me a second time today and says I have to pay that 500 today and I still said no. If I did pay that 500 bucks more then I would of paid 1000 extra which I did not agree to to pay for the total price of 30,800. I said the deal was done and he keeps arguing with me and he said it's not. So I said I will fax him his exact email he sent me before I came in to buy the car and said go look at this with another employee and have him or her read and tell you what is says and what he agreed to and then call me back. He does that which I believe is bs and calls me back 10 minutes later and threatens to put a lean on the car title and he will have my car reposed if I don't come up with the money. My parents said you have no right to do that let us talk to your general manager and he said he wasn't in. We were like F that we'll take you to court and we will settle this there the he keeps argueing with me and my parents stepped in too and said we will hire an attorney and sue him for cheating and swindling a kid and being a racist for try to take advantage of a minority. My family and I of course are asian. He has the nerve to say I would lose alot more then just that 500 bucks and my parent said is that another threat? You just wait and see and we hung up. He thinks we were bluffing. I had my attorney call him back half hour later. My attorney talked to him and he got scared and transferred the call to to the who ever was in charge today which I think it was the General managers wife. My attorney was talking to her and she say I still owe them money. So we ended up faxing that email to her too and she read it. She still tries to argue a little more and finally backs off and and says I guess you are right and that was the end of it. I mean what kind of dealer does that ask you for money in which you already paid in full. When you buy a car you pay that price on which both party agrees to. They did some tricky and sneaky stuff in the sales contract and tries to collect a bonus 500 bucks. Also I found rust on the control arms and took it to them before this whole bs started and I called the assistant sales manager and told himmy car is rusting on the control arms and I want this fixed. He told me to come in and just see the service manager. I explain my situation about the rust and the first thing he says to me and my mother very rudely and loudly YOU NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT! and I told him the assistant sales manager told me to just come in I dont need an appointment. He said fine I will look at it. I said I want this fixed he says we won't fix it and I said what does your warranty say about rust. You must honor you warranty. He got all defensive and started screaming. This guy is a racist too the previous lady infront of me didnt have an appointment he was speaking very calm and nicely to her. We said we would report him to SOA and he said go ahead. Later his tone changes and I also told him the paint on my hood is coming off and on the body side molding. He later says after all that stuff I will take care of it for you. That was the end of all this. Finally!!!!

Has anybody come into a similar situation as me before?

wow dude , you need to space this stuff out man its hard to read.

fyi not everyone that is an ahole is racist... theyre just aholes!

Archived