LegacyGT.com

IPT Full Build Procedure Questions?

HpJunkie

To all the fully built 5EATers out there, I have a few questions. Ive searched IPT's site and dont see answers. Im looking at the 4300 full build. No i do not have the Vb mod.

First off do they just rebuild your tranny with upgraded parts or do you get a new tranny with parts. Ie. do you get your stocker back or do they keep it as a core. Is it 4300 all included(parts+labor+removal/install). And lastly is it a full 4300 up front or do those guys have a payment option. Thank you in advance, I know I could have emailed IPT, but Id like to here it from happy customers. 5 grand is a huge investment. Oh and for whoever answers, if you could go back in time would you still get the fully built tranny.

dont email them, they are not great at responding to email. call if you have any questions.

you send yours, they modify it, and send it back. pretty sure the cost is just for the modification, you would have to pay someone to remove/reinstall it.

i haven't had it done, but those are just some basic answers to your questions.

It's more like $4700. They replace all the wear parts, beef up the torque converter, cryo treat everything, replace anything that's broken, do their singular valve body modification, and they wrote something about oil passage mods. I have not opened up an IPT trans, so I do not know what flow mods they really do. Judging by how they elaborate on the valve body mod, it stands to reason the oil flow mod is very minimal as well. But only they know.

You would need to pay for removal and install, and new fluid (which isn't cheap stuff).

There is always a better value and a worse value out there. You could do better or worse. Might I suggest researching recent threads about the details of the IPT service. You may be surprised.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Of course the $769 valve body mod that they do represents the insertion of a $0.50 spring based on ClimberD's tear down of his IPT valve body.

Good news is if you already have the $769 valve body mod, they will deduct that from the cost of the transmission overhaul. Very generous of them. :lol::lol:

Also after my 5EAT started slipping almost immediately after putting in the valve body. We changed back to Subuaru 5EAT fluid didn't help. IPT didn't offer much help or insight. Their response was a) couldn't possibly be their work on the valve body (probably not, it was a $0.50 spring afterall), b) probably damaged before the valve body install, c) the floating valve body that I installed was bad (that was not the case), or the installer screwed things up (doubt this was the case either, as they told me the IPT vb was crap, refused to rebuild the tranny with it in the car, and rebuilt my entire transmission including possibly the first TransGo install.....at least documented here). That was when IPT was worshiped, and I got lightly flamed for even suggesting it could have anything to do with their vb. It didn't give me a very high comfort level though, because having ZERO issues before the install, and a slipping transmission after the install didn't carry much weight with them, and it seemed like to get anything accomplished would take some type of costly procedure. Just one of the reasons I didn't go with them for a full build.

I'll never know exactly what happened other than I had to spend another $5k to have the tranny repaired after that. I will say I sent the valve body back to them and they examined and recertified it at no charge, saying it was absolutely perfect and I should put it back in the car, and there was NO WAY my shop could install a 350Z TransGo kit in my car and NO WAY whatever job my shop did would be even close to their valve body.

On the last point they were right, my valve body is not even close to theirs, but in a very good way. :)

they examined and recertified it at no charge, saying it was absolutely perfect and I should put it back in the car, and there was NO WAY my shop could install a 350Z TransGo kit in my car and NO WAY whatever job my shop did would be even close to their valve body.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not even close would be correct :lol::lol::lol:

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Yeah I am going to wait, Im just getting things on paper and researched. Currently my tranny had given me no problems(knock on wood). But with the new 16g I just want to be cautious and no my options going into this. They lowered there price to 4250 also(IPT). I thought they took it out and put it back in too. Guess not. Hopefully my trans will hold up until better options surface, cough, climberD. Well see what happens Im just trying to compile info. Ive searched the threads on here until my eyes fell out about IPT full build I see a ton of good stuff but presently that seems to be changing(not flaming IPT, just saying). Thanks guys anyone else have ideas.

I have the ability to install them, but I'm waiting to hear back from Tide about vendor account, since a vendor subscription costs a lot more than I can justify for such a small venture, relatively speaking. But I am basically ready to churn these out. No sense delaying my release any longer if people want it.

The only point I would argue is that if your transmission's valve body is properly setup for 300/300, or even 350/350, then a build is a completely inefficient allocation of funds. You would be accomplishing for $4500 what I accomplish for $500-$1000. But if you have the money and don't like to know what's going on, just want to pay, don't want to worry about details, IPT will make you a useful trans. For $4500. To each their own, nothing really wrong with that.

Naw I dont have the money, thats why Ive been follwoing your progress intently awaiting your transgo installs. Id much rather send out a valve body to get modded then my whole trans. So I hope youll be done soon climber, Id like to be on the list. And NO Ive never been a person to just pay for something without first learning as much as I can about what Im buying. Im very glad I waited for IPTs VB mod cause it just didnt seem right to me and boy am I glad now I didnt get it. Thanks for all the info guys, waiting patiently(not really) on transgo progress.

Well as of today I'm taking valve body orders. You can wait if you want, but at this point I have complete confidence in the product I would be selling. http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3433786&postcount=347

Let's take this particular ClimberD VB discussion over to my thread, as this thread should be about IPT.

Archived