LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

Yeah. I also installed the facelift wagon taillights, as well as the facelift rear garnish piece with that led fog light. It's beautiful. But my partially melted usdm outback bumper (due to the stromung exhaust tips) is super ugly! :mad:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I also installed the facelift wagon taillights, as well as the facelift rear garnish piece with that led fog light. It's beautiful. But my partially melted usdm outback bumper (due to the stromung exhaust tips) is super ugly! :mad:

You'll also need the JDM mudguards to fit right.

USDM

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/IMG_5819.jpg

JDM

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/IMG_5859.jpg

Installation sucks. Parts hoarding is where it's at. :cool:

Tell me about it. I have alot of jdm and regular performance parts for a legacy that I dont own just stored in my garage.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

I have been looking to source some JDM bumpers, but I have been having some difficulty finding the right inventory. I have google searched and looked through these forums but haven't found any vendors that are selling what I am looking for.

I really would like the Spec-B front bumper with just a regular JDM rear bumper for my 05 wagon. Is there any vendor that can reliably track these things down? Or do I just have to keep searching and be patient?

Thanks for any help! Excited to cut down these overhangs!

Hey Everyone,

I have been looking to source some JDM bumpers, but I have been having some difficulty finding the right inventory. I have google searched and looked through these forums but haven't found any vendors that are selling what I am looking for.

I really would like the Spec-B front bumper with just a regular JDM rear bumper for my 05 wagon. Is there any vendor that can reliably track these things down? Or do I just have to keep searching and be patient?

Thanks for any help! Excited to cut down these overhangs!

eBay had a couple rear bumpers for wagon a while back.

HKC Speed is probably your best bet. But there's not a whole lot of vendors that sell the stuff it's a few small importers that then put stuff up for sale or it's people that have had the bumpers and then sell them for something different

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• 3 weeks later...
I don't think any of the JDM front ends can fit a FMIC right? Where are you guys ordering this stuff from?

Not really. I believe the spec b bumper need a little trimming and it will fit. Other than that, if you go aftermarket like the burnup bumper or one of the others, fmic will fit to a degree. For new stuff checkout japanparts, for used you have ebay , our forum importers, or yahoo auctions ( this can get expensive)

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

• 1 month later...

Late to the party but here is today's hoard from my local JDM importer. Got a complete nose cut and removed everything that I would be using: Spec B bumper, upper and lower bumper brackets, fogs, horn, headlights, radiator (spare). Since it is a nose cut, I get all the electrical connectors to rewire the lights.

7wEaiTf.jpg

Edited by Waxiboy

So upon inspecting my JDM Spec B nose cut (got it dirt cheap), I noticed that the fender liners are the same as the GT except that there is an added extension riveted to it to cover the slightly wider/longer bumper underside. PN 59120AG120 & 59120AG130.

07vHuPc.jpg

Dang it! I've actually seen these A-C on ebay too. But I don't want these. I want the newer design. There are actually a few available, but none of them offer the hood that I need :(.

The eBay Clips are a bargain for what you get.

Just buy one of those and then find a GT hood from a junk yard.