LegacyGT.com

OB Exhaust Setups

Hey guys I have an OBXT 2006 and I'm planning on running a CBE eventually. I'm just wondering what everyone on here is running so I can get an idea of what my options are. I've seen a few people running single muffler setups which intrigue me.

If you could post a pic of your setup too that would be helpful, also post how loud it is from stock to STI to jet engine just to help.

Thanks guys... post away.

I have the Nameless CBE (paired with a modified Maddad downpipe) and I love it. It did have an 8-week lead time when I ordered mine. This video is pre-downpipe.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VWbbJsodk4&sns=em]2009 Subaru Outback XT w/ Nameless Performance Catback Exhaust OBXT NPE CBE - YouTube[/ame]

There is also an AVO OBXT specific exhaust (http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/outback-catback-p-162.html) but after waiting 4 months for their AfterMAF and finally getting a refund I am not sure how long you'll need to wait.

I have the Nameless CBE (paired with a modified Maddad downpipe) and I love it. It did have an 8-week lead time when I ordered mine. This video is pre-downpipe.

There is also an AVO OBXT specific exhaust (http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/outback-catback-p-162.html) but after waiting 4 months for their AfterMAF and finally getting a refund I am not sure how long you'll need to wait.

I'm assuming the downpipe just opened it up even more and made it louder. Is that a single muffler set up as well?

Has anyone used a stock Legacy GT exhuast with any success?

As I understand the issue with using Legacy GT performance CBE's is the Outback Bumper that is not cut to fit the mufflers. Are there any other issues? I mean if you used say Kartboy XL hangers could you clear the plastic on the bumper?

I went a different route with my OBXT. I got in on the group buy for the Gimmick Motorsports LGT catback, but instead of using the extended hangers or cutting my rear bumper we cut off the tips that come on the mufflers and just welded up some turndowns. My exhaust is tucked up nice and neat, and it still sounds great. The only thing I really don't like about it is that this catback doesn't come with a resonator so I have a little bit of drone at highway cruising speeds.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Rubenn27/OBXT/20140428_120200_zpswbzq9ijx.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Rubenn27/OBXT/20140428_114138_zpsbtkr31vb.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Rubenn27/OBXT/20140428_114144_zpsjh9pckr6.jpg

^^^^ That's a sexy set up.

So after talking to the guys at RallySport Direct they suggested just running a Bellmouth Down-Pipe and a stock CBE. But after talking to a guy on here he said he saw a drop in his spool by at least 800 rpm's.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen the same type of results from upgrading their CBE to a full 3"?

• 1 month later...

So after talking to the guys at RallySport Direct they suggested just running a Bellmouth Down-Pipe and a stock CBE. But after talking to a guy on here he said he saw a drop in his spool by at least 800 rpm's.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen the same type of results from upgrading their CBE to a full 3"?

I'm sure the stock catback flows adequately until you replace the turbo, I'm still learning this platform but my opinion is usually that a catback usually tends to be an expensive noisemaker. If your after power, your most likely better off investing your money on parts under the hood and revisit the exhaust later on.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a nameless system on order too with 5-inch mufflers.

Great quality but delivery is slow, the mufflers took about a month but the mid section has taken nearly 3-months (shipped yesterday)! They run batches and don't seem to keep stock so the delivery timing is a bit pot luck depending on their build cycle.

After running the car with no exhaust for 3-months after the stock system broke off at the down-pipe I am looking forward to hearing my radio again.

I have AVO. I ordered mine during the tsunami in Japan. Took 5 months to get it from Paul. Only the Mufflers came. The mid and y was so far on back ordered, It was canceled.

If you can wait for it, please do. Its the best sounding exhaust out there.

I have a nameless system on order too with 5-inch mufflers.

Great quality but delivery is slow, the mufflers took about a month but the mid section has taken nearly 3-months (shipped yesterday)! They run batches and don't seem to keep stock so the delivery timing is a bit pot luck depending on their build cycle.

yeah, i ordered one for myself and my wife's car. this was a week before christmas and we still haven't gotten any part.

I was thinking about running a wrx/sti 02-07 and having a muffler shop fab it up to fit MY06 OBXT. It seems to be the cheapest way to run a full 3" exhaust I found one online for 175. So I'm thinking a cobb catted downpipe specific for outbacks then a WRX CBE.

There is a guy locally that seems to be running a similiar system I've tried to meet up with him to get the specifics of his setup but he doesn't seem to be on any of the forums. It sounds good though and would be much cheaper and definitely more time efficent then going with a LGT/OBXT system.

Does anyone have any opinions on going this route?

Bikerx. Mine was delivered this week too but I am having to delay getting it fitted due to one of the mid sections being the wrong type. Should have the correct part by this weekend. And yes running with no exhaust is loud but not as loud as you might expect, that boxer is a smooth engine ;-)

Bikerx. Mine was delivered this week too but I am having to delay getting it fitted due to one of the mid sections being the wrong type. Should have the correct part by this weekend. And yes running with no exhaust is loud but not as loud as you might expect, that boxer is a smooth engine ;-)

yeah I found that the hard way... I just so happened that I had my car scheduled to have the oil change done and check a few other things while it was there before I even knew the exhaust was on its way and I found out the exhaust was coming so I asked if they could throw it on for me at the same time. found out the midpipe has the v-band clamp ends opposite of what they need to be after they pulled down the stock system.:( they put up the stock system again but I should have the new pipe for tomorrow (Saturday, props for them sending it 2-day shipping)

just a word of wisdom as well the front of the system doesn't mate up to an aftermarket Invidia down pipe right out of the box, I am going to have to get the down pipe modified for it. so expect some other type a delay fitting it up if its not an exhaust shop fitting it. kind of expected it to have some small fitment issues since you cant expect all kinds of aftermarket stuff to just bolt up no problem.:p

something to do with like an oversized donut gasket that nameless provides. not sure as I was not there when they tried to install it. but the people that did try to install it only work on Subaru's so I trust they know their stuff when it comes to this, especially when Ive seen some of the cars that they do (mine is one of them, bought it from the owner) Im not saying you will have a problem as you have a different downpipe than I do but just thought I might give you a heads up just in case.

Archived