LegacyGT.com

2005 lgt; ACT sb3-hdss clutch kit; lwfw

abakja1

Ok,

I got a great deal ont an ACT clutch kit part #SB3-HDSS and lwfw part no. 600475 brand new from a local Subaru member he never installed.

According to what ive read and cross matching numbers on the ACT website, everything will fit the 2005 lgt except the pressure plate and throwout bearing.

I have a new OEM TOB laying around so ill use that. Question is does it matter which pressure plate i need with the ACT clutch or LW flywheel? Does it have to be an ACT pressure plate, or can i use either a oem lgt or oem 06+wrx pressure plate that i think my local dealer has.

I ask cause i live in Hawaii and need the install done ionMonday and have to get whatever pressure plate the Subaru dealership has in stock.

Immediate replies really appreciated as i dont want to have to buy more parts than i need,...

FWIW, IMO you should stay with a matched set. What started out as a cheap deal, may turn out not to be.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

FWIW, IMO you should stay with a matched set. What started out as a cheap deal, may turn out not to be.

The part numbers for the clutch and pilot bearing in the ACT lgt clutch kit and WRX.kit are the same. The only difference is the throw out bearing and the pressure plate in the kit i got are for the earlier 02-05 wrx/forester only. The part number for the lwfw are the same for 05 lgt and 06+ WRX too.

Reading the threads, many people have hit or miss with the ACT pressure plate and it failing early. From reading the many threads, i think the concensus is to go with an oem 06+ WRX pressure plate,...

Im going to see if my local Subaru has the 06+ WRX pressure plate for the ACT clutch and lwfw i got. Btw,..,the clutch kit and lwfw I bought was only $450. The clutch kit goes for $600+ and lwfw like $150+ or more,..

Part number ACT SB3-HDSS

Archived