LegacyGT.com

intake?

greatredbear

hey im looking into putting a new intake onto my car so the fmic will fit a little better and i wanted your guys opinion.

should i go with a cold air intake? or a short ram intake? and any suggestions to manufacturers to either?

• Mega Users
I would go with a short ram like the Cobb sf intake. Any after market intake you will have to get your car tuned for it though.

troof. and my intake made my car sound like shit tho. sounded all riced out. For daily driveability, you want the stock box unless you are pushing 350whp.

i broke a box trying to get it to fit, so I've been thru this frusteration before. I would try and make it work as best you kin. Are you racerx?

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Personally I like the Cobb SF with the Cobb airbox. It also somewhat depends on what fmic you have. Most of the fmic options for the LGT run thru the stock airbox location which could either limit you to a short ram or having to cram the intake with the fmic

I don't have it on yet, but I'm gonna get the racerx and I read it wouldn't fit with stock intake, that's why I was asking. Id love to stay stock if I could, but if not ill look into the suggestions a little more. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

^ that and the stock coolant overflow bottle. and the ability to use both stock style turbos and sti style. all while keeping the stock bumper crash beam opposed to removing or replacing like other kits.

• Mega Users
I don't have it on yet, but I'm gonna get the racerx and I read it wouldn't fit with stock intake, that's why I was asking. Id love to stay stock if I could, but if not ill look into the suggestions a little more. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Yes it fits. I broke an airbox trying to powerslam it into place on my first go around with this. The airbox will need to be modified, along with a couple other things on the car. You actually have to remove the airbox mount bracket towards the front of the car, as well as saw off the bolts.

It's a bitch. For myself, I would rate this almost as frusterating as doing the plugs, primarily, because I broke my original stock box trying to do it.

Now, I am at pure peace with the stock box back in.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

You need to power fist the box into place, it'll stay, just remember to keep the palcenta attached and the uterus duct connected once everything is in. you may need to remove the stump from the top left area of the box, where the nut screws onto, it can sometimes get in the way when you try to deliver the box into the cradle

• I Donated Too
You need to power fist the box into place, it'll stay, just remember to keep the palcenta attached and the uterus duct connected once everything is in. you may need to remove the stump from the top left area of the box, where the nut screws onto, it can sometimes get in the way when you try to deliver the box into the cradle

That's the way. Treat the car like a gynecologist.

Archived