LegacyGT.com

Need Spare Tire!

I have an 07 Spec B and the spare tire was flat (and punctured) when I bought it. The dealer wants $250 for a new spare tire.

Is there any other way to get a spare? Is the spare from Impreza's the same? I wouldn't mind looking in junk yards, but there are not a lot of Legacy's where I live.

TIA.

Call the junk yard they can find you a wheel and tire that will fit. These cars have a common bolt pattern

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Or you could look here http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/member-classifieds-wheels-and-tires-71.html , and maybe find a full size spare or something.

I got an extra stock wheel for full size spare, it's really convenient when you do get a flat because you dont have to worry about limiting your speed/distance. I got this before taking a job 425 miles from home because I knew with all the miles driving back on the weekends I would eventually need it. LOW AND BEHOLD I needed it! and man was I glad I could just change it on the side of the highway and continue on the remaining 250 miles...:)

This also allowed me to wait until payday to buy new ones, we all know this can be a kick in the pants...

I am actually using one of my winter wheels as a full size spare just in case. If you do keep a full size spare just make sure it a bi-directional pattern.

;)

• Mega Users

i put like 3-4k miles on my spare in college when i was broke and too busy spending all my parents money on beer.

they quoted me on a new one for like $350. DEFFFF buy one used.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• 5 months later...

Archived