LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

I have to check on my '07 to see if the fog lights go out too, but I did notice that my high beams don't work any more. Low beams are fine, though. anyone else have this problem? Or did I accidentally do something I shouldn't have.

I have to check on my '07 to see if the fog lights go out too, but I did notice that my high beams don't work any more. Low beams are fine, though. anyone else have this problem? Or did I accidentally do something I shouldn't have.

I noticed that my high beams went out when on-coming traffic was flashing me bc my lights were too bright? I couldn't high beam them back. Oh well. I reconnected my DRL's

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Folks - Is this the same procedure to disable the DRLs for a 2006 AUTOMATIC transmission Legacy SE wagon? Or does this only apply to manual GTs? Response would be much appreciated.

See page 14 for a pic of 06 automatic.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16375&d=1143565604

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I just tried the DRL mod, and the white plug disabled my brights (what some previous posters said above me); so I replugged that in and pulled the black one. The instantly put on the DRLs (even with the e-brake pulled up) and the headlamps on lowbeam were almost no brighter than the DRLs and HighBeams came on but just a touch brighter than the lows.

I think Subaru re-arranged some wires in there on the 07s....they DO read these boards!!!

Meh....I usually drive with full headlamps anyway; like sframs posted above.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I think Subaru re-arranged some wires in there on the 07s....they DO read these boards!!!

Evidently, but why bother? The "well-known" undocumented Subie mods are a good thing they had going. Let people do what they want, but Subaru doesn't become accountable because it's not officially condoned. I happen to love these little Easter Egg features.

Now, someone please find out how to play MP3 on the standard 2005 stereo--what an annoying omission in this age... it's analogous to having a cassette player instead of CD.

one question for ppl who've already disabled drl... after disabling it... what would happen if you turn the "stick" for the light?? like what happens after u turn it once? twice? thanks

turning it one click is the parking lights, turning it two clicks is the headlights. DRL disable just disables the headlights from turning on automatically when the parking brake is dropped.

shit i'm having a real hard time putting the board back in... cant put the screw head back into the hole

Make sure the pop-out piece is popped-out while you're trying to put them back in. Otherwise, they're in their expanded position and won't go in.

Make sure the pop-out piece is popped-out while you're trying to put them back in. Otherwise, they're in their expanded position and won't go in.

thanks.... ok i'm looking at the inside stuff... how come mine looks like it has so much more wiring and stuff in it compared to that original picture? can someone help me? thanks.....

http://www.geocities.com/counting_you/DSC01383.JPG

I have a 2005 Outback XT Wagon and my connectors look nothing like your picture. I have two connectors on the fire wall and out of all the wires none of them is solid white. Does anyone have any suggestions?

blastoff5432140@yahoo.com

You must be looking in the wrong place. Go back to the first post. It's pretty clear. You are looking for connectors (not individual wires), on the left of the footwell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has anyone tried this on a 2007 Legacy 2.5 SE yet. I just got the car last saturday and saturday night went out there. Pulled the white plug to the left the black one and it worked, But I noticed i my high beams stopped working too so had to plug it back in. Anyone know how i could disable the DRL on this car?

Has anyone tried this on a 2007 Legacy 2.5 SE yet. I just got the car last saturday and saturday night went out there. Pulled the white plug to the left the black one and it worked, But I noticed i my high beams stopped working too so had to plug it back in. Anyone know how i could disable the DRL on this car?

I believe someone did, and if I am not mistaken you have to cut the brown wire since Subaru made it a single plug for 2007.

X

---