LegacyGT.com

SLC Emission

2furious

I went to the same Jiffy Lube and they had passed me last two years and failed me this time due to no cats and one oxygen sensor. I have full turbo back with Cobb catted DP.

The tech told me he couldn't see the cat on the down pipe and saw only one O2 sensor. He mush work very hard !!!

LGT passed the OBD but failed by visual.

He told me I can come back in 30 days for retest after fixing the problem. But, I want to try somewhere...

So, can I go other place to get the emission or I already had scarlet letter on my VIN?

If I can, suggestion of LGT friendly shop is appreciated.

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

It seems like it's a crapshot on who is going to check what unless you really know someone. Even if you get one guy at a shop that overlooks everything, that doesn't mean the next time you go to that same shop you won't get a different dude that wants to bust your balls. I usually don't hear of Jiffy Lube doing such a thorough inspection for cats and O2 sensors and many shops probably don't really even know what to look for on our cars...although I feel like in general more shops are cracking down. I think you are free to just go somewhere else and try again if you want but obviously you'll lose the moolah you spent for the Jiffy Lube inspection/emissions. Plus who knows if the next place will pass you or not. Good luck!

Yeah. It was surprising that the kid literally said he is doing his job.

I will try other shop on Thursday. I kept all stock parts but I don't want to put it back and again back to St 2.

Thanks your comment and I will post the result.

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

I took my LGT to a place over in Cottonwood heights off 2300 E and they passed my tinted tails and single catted DP, but are making me take off my front tint.

If you want to know, PM me and I'll tell you who it was.

Archived