LegacyGT.com

JDM Legacy Catalog

ENJOY?

More like "Have fun getting pissed off that the home market gets more accessories than I have ever seen for one car model."

Body accessories galore in the first catalog... Even a set of BBS wheels.

The second catalog is even more rediculous. It says "iPod" right on the damn front.

Yet in the US, there is one stereo offered, and it is irreplaceable due to a stupid decision to integrate it with the airconditioning??!?. Oh, and for a very few, they magically unlock it to play MP3 CDs. Whoopie. Meh.

There are six (6!) double-din stereo accessory choices, and four or five single din, most of which accept iPod input. Multiple navigation systems and other stuff. Not to mention just the fact that there is a console trim that allows aftermarket installation.

Yet, when people on this forum write correspondence to SOA about the serious reservation they have by not being able to enjoy an increasingly common thing as a portable MP3 player, or a satelite radio receiver, they are basically brushed off and ignored. 'Nah, we don't really need that. Isn't important...'

I gotta stop before I really get angry at the sheer lunacy that japanese customers can have access to this stuff due to demand, and somehow the US market is completely ignored, although there may be just as much demand here. I thought we were capitalists here, and that serving the customer makes the company money.

Haven't there been rumors of STi catalog performance parts being made available in the US, last january? Again, nothing but ether. And the US is Subaru's largest selling market... Not as if they would notice.

Talk about the monumentally stupid...

FHI and SOA are going to have to really and seriously re-evaluate their business practices if they hope to be as successfull as they wish to be.

Gone are the days that the US customer is blissfully unaware of what is offered on in other countries. This isn't a matter of jealousy, but a matter of product marketing, sales, and satisfaction. Things that affect the bottom line. Some of the biggest product content complaints that US customers have about the Legacy/Outback, are clearly attainable in Japan, but not even acknowledged in the US, such as the audio system expandability.

I thought FHI told SOA in a meeting recently that they wanted to increase sales by something like 50,000 units? Do they think that will happen with the boneheaded decisions they are making?

Yet SOA still does not listen, and actually takes several steps BACKWARDS for the 2006 Model Year, and detrimentally affecting things as basic as transmission and color choices. Clearly they are insane.

ENJOY?

More like "Have fun getting pissed off that the home market gets more accessories than I have ever seen for one car model."

Body accessories galore in the first catalog... Even a set of BBS wheels.

The second catalog is even more rediculous. It says "iPod" right on the damn front.

Yet in the US, there is one stereo offered, and it is irreplaceable due to a stupid decision to integrate it with the airconditioning??!?. Oh, and for a very few, they magically unlock it to play MP3 CDs. Whoopie. Meh.

There are six (6!) double-din stereo accessory choices, and four or five single din, most of which accept iPod input. Multiple navigation systems and other stuff. Not to mention just the fact that there is a console trim that allows aftermarket installation.

Yet, when people on this forum write correspondence to SOA about the serious reservation they have by not being able to enjoy an increasingly common thing as a portable MP3 player, or a satelite radio receiver, they are basically brushed off and ignored. 'Nah, we don't really need that. Isn't important...'

I gotta stop before I really get angry at the sheer lunacy that japanese customers can have access to this stuff due to demand, and somehow the US market is completely ignored, although there may be just as much demand here. I thought we were capitalists here, and that serving the customer makes the company money.

Haven't there been rumors of STi catalog performance parts being made available in the US, last january? Again, nothing but ether. And the US is Subaru's largest selling market... Not as if they would notice.

Talk about the monumentally stupid...

FHI and SOA are going to have to really and seriously re-evaluate their business practices if they hope to be as successfull as they wish to be.

Gone are the days that the US customer is blissfully unaware of what is offered on in other countries. This isn't a matter of jealousy, but a matter of product marketing, sales, and satisfaction. Things that affect the bottom line. Some of the biggest product content complaints that US customers have about the Legacy/Outback, are clearly attainable in Japan, but not even acknowledged in the US, such as the audio system expandability.

I thought FHI told SOA in a meeting recently that they wanted to increase sales by something like 50,000 units? Do they think that will happen with the boneheaded decisions they are making?

Yet SOA still does not listen, and actually takes several steps BACKWARDS for the 2006 Model Year, and detrimentally affecting things as basic as transmission and color choices. Clearly they are insane.

Well said. The sad part is they would not have to invent/develop these things they already have them!!!

You can 'get' anything in those catalogs if you really wanted it. Sure, add some $$ to the price for shipping from JP, but there is nothing stopping you. The Genome strut bars comes in two versions....steel for $210 and titanium for $360. Add shipping on the steel one, and you still are about on par with the 'STi' one sold here by Subaru for $275.

COME ON!!!!

I wish we could have 1/3 of those accessories in the US.. hehehehe

The McIntosh head unit is a killer IMveryHO, but we have to be happy with the crappy ass OEM one I guess...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

+1 Very well written.

You can 'get' anything in those catalogs if you really wanted it. Sure, add some $$ to the price for shipping from JP, but there is nothing stopping you. The Genome strut bars comes in two versions....steel for $210 and titanium for $360. Add shipping on the steel one, and you still are about on par with the 'STi' one sold here by Subaru for $275.

Actually, that's gold-accented aluminum. :)

Prices have gone up from the current c-rev accessories catalog, so it's about $235.00usd for the aluminum, $425.00usd for the titanium. About everything has gone up a few percents, dunno what is up with that from Subaru.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

http://www.sevenphotos.com/avonews <- couple new stories

http://www.scoobymag.com <- new STi article in next issue! Forester STi as well!

Grrr! That's crazy that its nearly $1000 for the center cubby gauges. That should be an accessory in the states!! Course, I suppose a setup of Defi gauges would be very close in cost so I suppose it only makes sense that they're so pricey.

It should be.. I'm looking at the accessory listing for Canadian LGT's:

Description: Performance Gauge Package (TURBO) GT only - Sti Version

Part number: H5010AG100

Price: $1,434.20 CDN

Maybe check with your dealer to see if you can get it down there?

can a brutha at least get a trunk liner for teh sedan? :rolleyes:

stupid Subaru - i'll be busting my knuckles for the next day or two so i can have MP3 capability and an AUX input. :mad:

They'd fit - and they would be angled at your passenger...

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

www.avoturboworld.com

www.sevenphotos.com

www.scoobymag.com

What if you flip the bezel 180? Aren't they just individual gauges in a filler piece anyway? At any rate, knowing they're available in Canada means a LHD version is out there. Maybe when I sell my Accord I'll splurge on these. It'd sure be sweet, that's for damned sure!

Once again, brother IWannaSportSedan has expressed my sentiments exactly.

Boy am I :mad: that such accessories weren't offered to us.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Hello all,

On Page 11 of the catalog, there is a console bezel (with built in ACC) that appears to serve as an adapter or whatever for 2 DINN radios.

I wonder if that could be installed in the LHD cars...you'd have to, at the very least, flip your hazard button orientation. Judging by pics, if the actual bracket underneath the trim is flat, then this should fit properly.

Anybody have Subaru of Japan's phone number? SOA has yet to get back to me...

AK

Archived