LegacyGT.com

2008 Subaru Legacy Headlights

Thermoclinee

Does anyone know what kind of options i have with my headlights? I hate the automatic daylight lights that come on whenever the ebrake is down. I tried to disconnect them but then the Brights dont work. Does anyone know where I can get decent new bulbs that will at least make the lights brighter. Like xion bulbs or something. Or what size bulbs my legacy has. Any options or information, i would appreciate.

Everything, and I mean everything, you need to know is in here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45991

Edit: if you don't feel like reading all those pages, buy Osram Rallye +65's from Stern and for a little more, the HIR bulbs for the high beams, as well. I have an 08 and struggled a little with the DRL disable. I found that unplugging the connector and using 1 small screwdriver to prop open the clip retainer while using another to force out the blue and black wire worked best.

fyi for 08 models, just unplugging the whole DRL module disables the DRL but all your lights are functional. you're high beam indicators just wont turn on when you turn your high beams on. keyword: "indicator" in your dash.

I have an 08 and let me tell you I didn't like the lights the car came with so I went out and got the Volt Kit that was highly recommended and I couldn't be happier. I can actually see the road. It was the best $125 I've spent.

Archived