LegacyGT.com

Wiring harness for OEM sub

bluemenace

Hey guys. I've been reading and researching with these forums for a few months, and I just bought an 05 LGT last week. It has the OEM sub under the driver's seat, but I could tell right away it wasn't working. I've done lots of poking around, and figured out that the previous owner had a lot of aftermarket audio going on that they hacked out (with an ax, apparantly) before they traded the car in. So, I'm trying to find a replacement "T" cable for the OEM sub - does anyone know if I can buy just that cable? What the part number might be? :confused:

Update: I'm still out poking and pulling at the loose ends I'm discovering, and what do I find? Why, it's a JL CleanSweep hiding under my passenger side floormat! (I never sat over there and my wife is probably too short to have ever noticed.) Bonus! Makes up for the hack job behind the head unit.

The Subaru parts places do sell replacement OEM sub T-harnesses. They're pretty pricey, though (approaching $100 and up). Is your entire T-harness gone, or just parts of it? I have the various ends you could use to restore it (or even to build one from scratch). E-mail me for more info.

Archived