LegacyGT.com

Moving to Atlanta in A Couple Months!

lofthouse_gt

Whats going on,

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dustin, I have been on this site for a little while now. I have been building an 05 LGT Wagon for about a year now and am most likely going to be moving out to Georgia from Colorado here in a couple months. I am just wondering what the Subie scene is like out there. I noticed there are not to many posts in this regional thread I hope there are at least a few of you down there.

My main question for you, is what kind of emissions testing do you have to undergoe for registration purposes. My legacy is at stage 2 91 ocatane (catted down pipe), not sure if I am gonna have some problems or not.

Anyway I thought this would be a chance for me to say whats up and possibly meet some people from around.

It really depends on the county you are in and where you go :) The Subaru scene is pretty decent here in Atlanta. I am actually about 45 minutes north of Atlanta. I don't generally post too much on this board, but there are some regular gtg around Atlanta and a decent number of Subies here.

Thanks man. I am really excited to get down there, will be a huge change for me as I have lived in Colorado my entire life. I will post up with the County I move to when I figure that out.

I am planning on starting my own personal training business when I arrive that will be based out of Atlanta. I am thinking about living more towards the outskirts of town, suburb style living. If you have any suggestions on Counties or neighborhoods that are good to live in (low crime, stores not to far away) I would really appreciate it. I am looking for something between the 300 - 400k range large garage and a yard are a must.

Avoid Cobb county! If you want nice Suburbs, try the Buford area in Gwinnett county, or up near lake Lanier in Hall county. For 300-400 you can get a very nice home near the lake and only 45 minutes or so from Atlanta, 45 minutes from the mountains (and some fun twisties!).

My main question for you, is what kind of emissions testing do you have to undergoe for registration purposes. My legacy is at stage 2 91 ocatane (catted down pipe), not sure if I am gonna have some problems or not.

Emission checks are required annually but I'd have no idea how stg 2 will affect that.

And most of the Subies on my side of town are likely to fit the stereotype. ;)

I am planning on starting my own personal training business when I arrive that will be based out of Atlanta. I am thinking about living more towards the outskirts of town, suburb style living. If you have any suggestions on Counties or neighborhoods that are good to live in (low crime, stores not to far away) I would really appreciate it. I am looking for something between the 300 - 400k range large garage and a yard are a must.

Where you live could depend on how much you want to drive for work and what kind of suburb you're looking for. Were you thinking about renting for first?

Sarg: Thanks I will look into those area.

djkxgoOk: Thanks I love them also, I run them with with my fog lights kind of like DRLS

fj1200: Ok cool, where I live now we have emissions lso I have heard some people are capable of passing with a catted down-pipe, but it all depend. I have all my stock stuff, but I would prefer not having to put the stock down back on just to pass emissions and get registered.

Thanks for the input. Traveling for work is not going to be an issue, I am starting a personal training business that travels to the clients home or place they would like to exercise, so traveling is going to be in the nature of my work. I most likely will be owning right off the bat I have 3 dogs and 2 cats and really don't like having to worry about landlords.

Thank you all I really appreciate it and am very excited to move out there. I have lived in Colorado my entire life so this will be a very welcome change for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived