LegacyGT.com

Guinness Attempt: Biggest Subaru Gathering

EquinnoxX

This is about a 15 hour drive for me but I think it'd be worth it to check it out and be a part of. Anyone else interested? Might be a good way to finally meet some of you guys!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/24/guinness-attempt-biggest-ever-subaru-gathering-planned-for-illi/

Subaru of America, Inc.'s Great Lakes Region, in Partnership with the Village of Itasca, Attempts to Set a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS Record

- Plans 'Largest Parade of Subaru Cars' in the World -

ITASCA, Ill., June 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Subaru of America, Inc.'s Great Lakes Region, in partnership with the Village of Itasca, announced today that it will attempt to set a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS record for the "Largest Parade of Subaru Cars." The attempt will take place on July 11, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. The parade will start at 500 Park Boulevard in Itasca, Illinois.

Starting June 22 through July 8, interested participants can register their Subaru in the parade by visiting www.subaru.com/parade.

In celebration of this exciting event, Subaru's Great Lakes Region will make a donation of $15 per participating Subaru vehicle up to a total donation amount of $7,000. This donation will be shared equally between PAWS Chicago and Salute, Inc. For more information on these organizations please visit their respective websites at www.pawschicago.org/ and www.saluteinc.org/.

An official GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS adjudicator will be on site to observe and confirm this record attempt.

In addition to going for the record and helping raise funds for two great organizations, parade participants:

-- Will receive a special gift bag (one per car).

-- Are invited to attend Itasca Fest following the GUINNESS WORLD

RECORDS attempt. This fest is great for the entire family and

features: live entertainment, carnival rides, food, bingo, kids'

entertainment, a three-on-three basketball tournament, and NASA's

"Journey to Tomorrow" exhibit. For more information visit

http://www.itasca.com.

-- Are eligible for a special event room rate of $89 per night* at The

Westin Chicago Northwest hotel. For your convenience, this four-star,

four-diamond hotel is located within walking distance from the start

of the parade. To make a reservation, simply visit

http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/res?id=0906159812&key=A9AB8.

The event rate is good for parade participants only and based on

availability.

* Rate does not include tax.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a very good chance that I'll go. If I do, we must rendezvous and we have to ride side by side in the precession. Perhaps some phone # trading is in order?

Come on people!!! The Fraternity of the LGT must be represented in this parade. I can't believe more people haven't RSVPd...

They limited the signup to first 500 people, and it filled up within hours. I think this event is going to be a FAIL unless they let more people participate. That Wicked Big Meet on the east coast probably had more than 500 subarus

It let me register today... It even gave me a reg.#. I thought the first 500 get the gift bag or something.

If we go...we will participate.

I guess they opened it back up, I tried signing up the first day and it told me it was full or something like that. Anyways signed up now.

Would be really cool to participate in this event. If I were already in SoCar, this would be doable, but from SoCal is a bit too much. Whomever goes, pleae take max photos
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

FFUUUUCCCKKKK!!! :spin::spin:Of COURSE I'm going to be in Japan during this. I'd love to go! :soap_box::icon_cry: Damnit! There's no icons to express how disappointed I am! OMFGWTFBBQWAFFLES!
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

The most dysfunctional region on LGT.com gets the parade I love it!!!

I am in...if it goes thru Schaumburg

Hah! Man, that meet is going to be so flippin' fun. I'm quite serious when I say I'm absolutely pissed I can't make it... You motherf*#$(ers better take A LOT of video and pictures. Hell, I'll even host them if need be.

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Archived