LegacyGT.com

Front Crossmember differences

I need a front crossmember (engine cradle) for my 1997 Legacy GT automatic. I just bought the car with a busted lower control arm due to the prior owner hitting a curb. They must have hit it pretty hard because the mounting points for the lower arm and sway bar are bent about an inch from where they should be.

Subarupartsforyou list a separate part number for the crossmember for GT vs

all other models of the Legacy. So it seems the GT's front crossmember is constructed differently or mounts to the chassis differently.

Can anyone please confirm this. I have a wrecked SUS I can get the crossmember from but it's 1hr away so I'd like to be sure beforehand.

i would look on http://opposedforces.com/parts

some times there are slight differences that will give a certain part a different number. but that does not mean you cannot use it on a different car. in the late 90s, the GT had a few suspension parts that were different from the ''L'' model like the front sway bar, but not many. the struts, hub, knuckle, tie rod end, steering rack were all the same. i doubt the cross member is different.

but what ever you find, i would not buy new. i would buy from www.car-part.com .when you search for the crossmember for the 97 GT the software on that site will return results from all the car / years that will fit your car. the software is pretty conservative and if there is any doubt it will not bring up the questionable year or model.

i believe the cross memeber in your car will fit any legacy / outback /GT /LSi / brighton, 95 - 99 .

good luck.

Archived