LegacyGT.com

Bluetooth Audio

DammyO

This is probably the simplest way out there.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Britelink-Bluetooth-Audio-Receiver-Portable/dp/B0059M4G9K]Amazon.com : Britelink Bluetooth Audio Receiver: Portable, Bluetooth Music Receiver with Stereo Output (3.5 mm) for Home and Auto Stereo Systems : Electronics[/ame]

I recommend this one.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hands-Free-Bluetooth-BlackBerry-Android-Smartphones/dp/B004CLYJ2I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409066006&sr=8-1&keywords=belkin+bluetooth]Amazon.com: Belkin Hands-Free Bluetooth Car Kit for Apple iPod, Apple iPhone, BlackBerry,and Android Smartphones, US Version: MP3 Players & Accessories[/ame]

I used the power outlet in the center console cubby and mounted the bluetooth receiver next to the volume knob. All the wires were ran under the center console.

The Kinivo BTC450 I am using needs power.

In my case the power cord and phone plug go into the outlet and aux input in my center console. I snaked it along console and up the center stack to where I have the actual unit mounted above and to the left of the Power/Vol knob.

The power plug also has a usb port on it so that you can still charge other devices in the center console. If I want to power the phone, I still use the my normal charger in the center stack.

Not bad for $40. I love it so far.

My only complaint is that the blue light is very bright. A dab of black magic marker has toned that down nicely though.

The Kinivo BTC450 I am using needs power.

In my case the power cord and phone plug go into the outlet and aux input in my center console. I snaked it along console and up the center stack to where I have the actual unit mounted above and to the left of the Power/Vol knob.

The power plug also has a usb port on it so that you can still charge other devices in the center console. If I want to power the phone, I still use the my normal charger in the center stack.

Not bad for $40. I love it so far.

My only complaint is that the blue light is very bright. A dab of black magic marker has toned that down nicely though.

HEY

Do you mind taking a picture of that for me please? I've been wanting to do this, but can't find a clean method.

Will take pic asap, although you might want to make it more it more hidden than I have it. Right now it's just tucked in wherever possible, and is visible running up the left side of the center stack.

You might want to take some stuff apart if you really want to hide the wiring...or go with one of the more fully integrated options mentioned above. That Rostra does sound interesting.

I just picked up the Kinovio bluetooth adapter from Amazon.com.

I like it a lot. Nice and simples.

After doing some research on a bunch of them, the [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTC450-Bluetooth-Hands-Free-Input/dp/B009NLTW60/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1409164114&sr=8-3&keywords=kinivo+bluetooth+adapter]Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit [/ame] seems to fit my needs perfectly.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Where do you have yours mounted GT Pilot? Also, I use an Android phone. Do you have any issues with getting the "Google Now" voice search to work? So if I hit the center button and say "Dial Anthony Mobile", can it do that while synced to Bluetooth?

Thanks. I can't wait to get it.

You can definitely use voicecommand by pushing the button for 1-2 seconds.

I have an LG G2 and it works fine.

Nice having the buttons on the unit for changing songs on Pandora as well.

I have it rotated in the picture only because I was trying to optimize the microphone

position.

15033712276_c82490a93e_m.jpg

I have it rotated in the picture only because I was trying to optimize the microphone

position.

Ha. I have the exact same phone so it's good to know it will work with it.

Thanks again.

It sounds like you already bought your BT set-up, but just to add in another option, I bought a [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Haier-Audio-Travel-Charger-iPhone/dp/B00B0XSIRS]Haier 30-pin travel charger/Aux kit[/ame] and a [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Naztech-i40-12258-Stereo-Bluetooth-Devices/dp/B00BIPZF8I/ref=sr_1_12?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1409752635&sr=1-12&keywords=naztech+bluetooth]Naztech i40 30-pin BT dongle[/ame]. The 30-pin connection + Haier's built-in noise filter = superb sound quality. BT features are also excellent - calls are crisp and the mic works great.

• 4 months later...

so I've been using this for about a month now and I love it except the long 2 second press launches LG voice command instead of Google now.

When I hit the button, I hear a voice saying "Say a Command" instead of hearing the Tone that lets me know Google now is activated.

I've scoured the internet for a solution to this, but every solution I find seems to screw something up (IE, I can get the button to launch google now, but then the sound starts coming out of my phone even though Bluetooth is detected)

This wouldn't be so bad except the LG voice search SUUUUUCCCCKKKSSSS.

Any ideas?

position.

Did this happen start after the recent firmware update on the G2 ?

I have not noticed this issue, but I rarely use that function anyway.

I will have to check it out.

The only thing I have noticed is that sometimes the phone does not connect

to the adapter automatically. One tap of the button and it will usually connect.

Did this happen start after the recent firmware update on the G2 ?

I have not noticed this issue, but I rarely use that function anyway.

I will have to check it out.

The only thing I have noticed is that sometimes the phone does not connect

to the adapter automatically. One tap of the button and it will usually connect.

It's been that way from the get go. The device is actually amazing. It connects flawlessly 95 percent of the time and if for some reason it doesn't, as you said, a simple button press connects it. I can take calls easily and the music or podcast picks right back up when I'm done, sound quality is great, voice quality is good.

The icing on the cake would have been that long press working as intended. I know it works just fine with Siri but it's finicky with google now. I use it all the time so I could just hit the button and say "call my wife" or "play music" or "navigate to...."

So for you then, when you long press that button right now, what happens? Do you get the "say a command" now prompt to? Or does it beep to let you know google now is listening?

A long press results in "Say a command"

A quick press results in a quick tone being sounded.

I've never played around with google always listening for a command.

I will have to play around a bit when I get a chance.

I have to admit I'm not a "power user" of this technology, but it

works well for my purposes.

A long press results in "Say a command"

A quick press results in a quick tone being sounded.

I've never played around with google always listening for a command.

I will have to play around a bit when I get a chance.

I have to admit I'm not a "power user" of this technology, but it

works well for my purposes.

Oh it's a brilliant device and does exactly what I need it to. It has added (almost) complete Bluetooth functionality to my car.

Mine does the same. Long press results in "say a command" short press is for pausing or resuming audio or taking a call.

On Iphones, long press launches Siri. I just wish long presses on android launched google search. I actually think it might be dependent on your phone. If I had a nexus device, it might launch it.

• 2 weeks later...
So, it looks like google pushed out some sort of voice command update a few weeks ago. I had to disable the stock voice dialer on my LG G2 but once I did that, the have greatly improved the functionality of the google voice dialer to where it pretty much acts like google now. I can say play music to launch google music, I can say navigate to, I can ask questions etc. It's perfect now.

Archived