LegacyGT.com

p0302 p0303...OCV?

Well, I've had the 0302 misfire code come on and off over the past few months. I've changed the plugs, dealer changed injectors and inspected/made sure all vacuum lines and coil packs were working and did a compression test on all cylinders (all around 130psi) and the car is running worse than ever. I'm taking it in tomorrow morning. After reading through some threads it looks like the problem could be my OCV. I'm going to mention the OCV and hope that's the problem...I'll keep you posted if anyone is interested or having similar issues (rough idle, shaking, ect..)

I have not thrown any other codes and I'm all stock.:confused:

Well, they tried the compression test again and this time my cyclinder #2 had a whopping 5psi reading. I'm under warranty, so that's a relief. What do you guy's think, valve problems? I should find out in the morning. I also did a test drive in the 2010 LGT...wasn't too impressed. It did have less lag than my 06, but it looks too much like a damn Hyudai Sonata. It defenitly didn't feel faster than my 06, but we'll see when magazine test come out.

• 2 months later...
Okay, I'm also pulling the P0302 error code, and am at Stage 2 just like you. Did you do anything before you took it into the Subaru shop? I'm worried they may run something and it'll detect that I've tinkered with the ECU and deny me the warranty work.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Bad piston!?!?!

That doesn't sound good. I have a P0302 this morning...

Planning to change spark plugs this weekend, don't know if there is any relation.

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

• 2 months later...
I changed my plugs and ran 2 months w/o a P0302 until yesterday. The car idles and runs fine? I am OS stage 1 now, but this problem preceeds the new map.
My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

Archived