LegacyGT.com

IAG Street AOS Install

I was getting a quote on getting this installed and the shop told me they normally charge 4 hrs for the AOS install. But since the kit isn't meant for our cars and would have to be customized a way, it would be more around 6 shop hours, which I found to be a bit crazy. I was under the impression that the biggest difference would be running longer hoses because of the different turbo location. The mounting point would seem to still be the same as per another member with it installed. Am I wrong or is there a lot more to it that I am not aware of? Those of you who have it installed and either paid or did it yourself, how many hours was it?

I was also thinking, since those 6 hrs of labor could very well be the difference between a FMIC or not, part of me ones to try to do it myself. Seems more like disconnecting, reconnecting and T'ing hoses for the most part. I have tried getting some of the Subaru pics of the engine, manifold to try to map out how it all connects but since things are named differently between IAG's instructions and the Subaru map out's I am somewhat lost. Does anyone have any guides/guidance to maybe help in connecting the dots? As much as I hate working on the car anymore, ~$700 vs 0 is a huge factor.

Hmm. I purchased the 2008-2014 WRX/2008-2017 STI one. That is the one that ebo03 and abdi used. Wouldn't the 2015 be different due to it being a different engine?

And if i do ever decide to take on this. I will definitely takes pics of the install and post.

Different engine but same basic turbo setup and its still an H4 so all the same connections are made. I figure it uses the same BPV, intake setup, and tmic. So anything connecting to the breather and charge pipe will be more similar than previous subies.

For that kind of money why not try another installer even if a little further away. Isn't AZP somewhat close? Heck, my installer is only 2 hours from NYC and if it saves your $300 or $400 it's worth it. They've installed lots of IAG AOSs and have worked on my car so they know 5th gens.

The problem has been free time really. With my work schedule any free time I have on the weekend is family time. I would have to use a day for something like this and I don't think it can be done in a weekend. It would have to be a weekday. The shop I am currently using has a great rep and is 5 mins from my job. But I'm starting to get the sense they may not want to do much work that involves customization since they probably have never worked on a fifth gen before. I am definitely going to call a few other shops that are en route to my job and see what they say.

Different engine but same basic turbo setup and its still an H4 so all the same connections are made. I figure it uses the same BPV, intake setup, and tmic. So anything connecting to the breather and charge pipe will be more similar than previous subies.

I received the AOS today. And was thinking about what you said to maybe exchange them out, so I started trying to compare the parts between the 2 kits and from first glance they seem to have a good amount of different pieces. Also skimming through the 15-17 install guide, I noticed the oil filter is on top and they also make mention of an EGR valve which I don't think I have ever heard about in our car.

They have 4 different install instructions for the model I bought on their website for different models. I'm not sure which would closest resemble ours:

Product Instructions: 17 STI

Product Instructions: 08-14 STI

Product Instructions: 08-14 WRX

Product Instructions: 05-09 LGT

I'm currently looking at the 05-09 LGT one.

FWIW I was contemplating getting a Crawford AOS and i asked for a quote, they never got back, my feeling was that they didn't want to commit on an install on a car it is not specifically made for. I"ll follow up to see what the experts say and get back (assuming they respond)

Crawford performance cost estimate below:

Last I heard the installs were on the house if the kit was purchased at our facility. Give the shop a call to confirm. Otherwise, our hourly labor rate goes for $125, and on average an AOS install takes 2 hours ($250). Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you!

Crawford Performance / Eco-Block

Ariel Crawford / PR / Marketing

ariel@crawfordperformance.com

Crawford Performance / Eco-Block

622 Airport Rd.

Oceanside, CA 92058

http://www.crawfordperformance.com / http://www.ecoblockspacer.com

Twitter Facebook Instagram Youtube

Show more

• 4 months later...

Just went out and snapped a few but the sun is blazing. The installer did say they extended the braket included just a slight bit so it wouldn't rub. Very minimal. I'm guessing with washers. ee26976a2858aa8c192136c7535fca37.jpgd8c07c8593a90f29409e9e2ae673ea1d.jpg9e55e5a6da547e9a4dd69782f90a8f30.jpg9f3829877e5a254182dc0ee1b3c165fc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
Can you get any more pictures of this thing installed? Maybe a little wider angle to show how much room is around it. Also which version was installed?

Have you ruled out the Crawford AOS. A somewhat simple install, but you'll have to make a simple bracket. The one I have does not plumb water through it. Crawford research said this was only necessary under extreme cold conditions