LegacyGT.com

Shooting for 10's on my daily driver

• 2 weeks later...
Working on it. The car has been the official daily for about 4 months now. I got enguaged and money has been going else where. But hopefully by fall I will have ordered a rotated set up and installed it and my newest fueling system. Then by spring time I can attempt to break the 11s

• 2 weeks later...
SUBSCRIBED! just sat and read all 19 pages. cant wait for MOAR updates

And thanks to your post I thought the OP had posted an update when you just botched my anticipation, like I just did unto others, muffing this thread, by posting this. :rolleyes:

Edited by YourConfused

And thanks to your post I thought the OP had posted an update when you just botched my anticipation, like I just did unto others, muffing this thread, by posting this. :rolleyes:

Lol you did bump this. I skimmed through the thread. Good work OP. Good luck with the Daily 10's! Seems like you are getting close but what about the cage requirement?

Oh and congrats on the engagement! I just got married 1.5 weeks ago! it's awesome!

As far as a cage, I was hoping to go make a lift run or two then go for the sub 11 second run and then just be prepared to leave the track. I'd rather not put a cage in the car since it is a daily driver and some what of a luxury car. But right now the car is getting ready for new suspension (coilovers for stiffer rides and better launches) and then the rotated kit will hopefully be in the budget soon

• 2 weeks later...
Well the 20g turbo blew... It blew out the oil seals but I caught it very on and the motor seems to be fine so far. The old amr 550 has been sent out for a rebuild from amr should have it back soon. While I replace the turbo I'll install my new fueling setup (1000cc top feed, rails, lines, possibly a bigger pump, and the pressure regulator) I'm toying with the idea of making a map for 113 oct fuel too and I'm trying to buy a Wrx that was flipped and part it our for some more money to put into the legacy.

I just got word yesterday that I will be running my car on Sept 14 at the Wanna go fast Georgia half mile event. I hoping the turbo can get here soon so that I can put it and the fueling system together and get a tune for 93 oct and 113. If I have some money left over I'm gonna try and get some coilovers on before the event and see if i can't break into the 11s again and maybe try a squeeze out a 10.99 but we shall see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
Just talked to AMR yesterday. The old turbo is in good shape and should have the rebuild done sometime late this morning then hopefully have it back to me by Friday so I can get going on the install of that and the fueling system and get a tune for the Georgia half mile on 112oct

After I get a few years under my belt working at Cummins I would like to transfer out west some where I love snowboarding and the east coast just doesn't compare to the west for snowboarding.

Agreed. After moving from out west, I skied at 5 eastern resorts while living in KY and TN, mostly out of desperation for a winter sports fix if I only had a day off. Each time I thought, "why did I come here?". On trip #1, ski patrol stopped me for going through the trees, which is apparently not allowed. Neither patroller was familiar with telemark skis and told me I was using "illegal" equipment.

As the old phrase follows, "head west, young man." Outside of Japan, it doesn't get much fluffier and consistent than Utah or Wyoming. And unlike the Appalachian 'powder' days, an SLC-region powder day means you may need to bring a snorkel.

Nice build, by the way. Following. Congrats on everything coming together.

Do you do any diesel performance racing/modifications? I miss my old 12V modded cummins, but I'm blown away by the power the new trucks are putting down.

Edited by dahoseman

jmorris6689, how much does your legacy weigh with you in it? And how much power are you expecting to get out of it for the track? Just curious because I'm in a similar boat as you now (I'm going rotated with a Precision 6266). Look out, you might have some competition for one of the fastest legacys on the forum. ;) Knock on wood nothing catastrophic happens to mine.

jmorris6689, how much does your legacy weigh with you in it? And how much power are you expecting to get out of it for the track? Just curious because I'm in a similar boat as you now (I'm going rotated with a Precision 6266). Look out, you might have some competition for one of the fastest legacys on the forum. ;) Knock on wood nothing catastrophic happens to mine.

there used to be a thread on cutting the weight. You might have to do some searching. A fully race-prepped (imsa gt) wagon was at 3100 w/o driver.

• 2 months later...
I have decided that I will be building a new motor (number 6) that will be the motor that hopefully will take me into the 10s or lower. Right now car is running strong with motor number 5 but will be under going new suspention and a big brake kit to help the car with motor 6 and the goal of a 10 second pass. Stay tuned for details motor number 5 will be up for sale at some point

• Moderators
he said daily driver, so maybe doing the right thing and matching brakes to engine? 500hp is way too much for stock brakes (more than once) at top speed.

I understand that. But realistically when are you going to experience real life brake fade on the streets? You shouldn't be driving that way on the streets, only on the track. BBKs really are a cosmetic mod unless you are tracking the car, yes? (dragging not included)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I understand that. But realistically when are you going to experience real life brake fade on the streets? You shouldn't be driving that way on the streets, only on the track. BBKs really are a cosmetic mod unless you are tracking the car, yes? (dragging not included)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I feel like I'm the other side of a pm chat I had with Hicksta awhile back.

If his case, I'd weigh the difference between stock & BBK. At the dragstrip, a BBK is useless unless they have a really short slowdown lane. Even then, the stockers are still going hold just fine. Mine didn't fail until I went 130 to 10 and flat-spotted my race slicks.