LegacyGT.com

I Want My Car Back!!!

It has been 3 f*ckin weeks and 1 day since my car was brought to the dealer to fix the cruise control failing issue. They sent my ECU out the next day to California to have it re-programmed. I am still waiting for my car. The dealer has not seen the ECU in any of their deliveries. The Subaru in Cali supposedly shipped out the ECU last Monday...WHERE THE FUCK IS IT??? I have been in a rental all this time. First week I had a Volvo S60, then I had to give it back so it wouldn't cost me any money and they gave me a '05 Dodge Neon...yuck. To make matters worse on Saturday, my gf and I were driving through a Stop and Shop parking lot. I was on an access road. An 86 yr old man in a '04 BMW 5 Series, stops at the stop sign and looks only to his right...not his left. He pulls out and hits me. I had enough time to slam the brake and honk..but he did not stop...just plowed right into the passenger side bumper. Now I have to go through all this shit w/ Enterprise and the insurance company. It was not my fault at all and he even admitted to that....so I have no worries there. But damn...this was supposed to only take 3-4 days...and now I am in the 3rd week without my car.

Sorry for the rant...but goddammit...I wanted to play in the snow!!! :icon_bigg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mother &^$##@# goddam %^^&%E# sons a bitches. I just got off the phone w/ the dealer and apprarently my ECU was shipped last week and is now lost. They are unable to track it. I just gave them bloody hell and told them I need some sort of credit or something needs to be done for me. It has almost a month that they had my car. Any suggestions?

I am still waiting for them to call me back, they said if they can't find it they are going to order me a new one and have it overnighted....wooppy fuckin do..they just have done that from the start.

http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/NY_lemonlaw2.html

I would call SOA too but in my experience the distributors really don't care all that much about one specific customer. They always seem very friendly and authoritative but nothing seems to really change the situation. If I were you, I'd just calm down and not drive this one so hard. It looks like they have 7 more days to get this thing figured out or they're really screwed. Once the 7 days are up, the cards are really in your hands and you'll have infinitely more ammunition.

calm down? heh...

if that was my car they have had for 3+ weeks they would be eating that months payment as well as giving me some oil services or something.

What I'm trying to say is that the dealer is pushed real hard they might try real hard to just get the car back at 29 days and say "here you go, sorry" One day later and SOA and the dealer are screwed, he has all cards and can negotiate for a lot more than oil changes.

if that was my car they have had for 3+ weeks they would be eating that months payment as well as giving me some oil services or something.

that is what I am trying to get out of them. The service guy that I am dealing w/ told me that his Svc Mgr is going to call me back and let me know what they are going to do for me. I will not hold my breath. Maybe I should ask for a Sub-wooofer/Amp :) or something like that.

So let me get this straight, Dec 14th will be one month to the day that I dropped my car off. If they do not have it fixed by then I get a new car?

SUCKS...

Most Stealerships work like this….

Thursday: Drop car off for service.

Friday: Call to see if car is ready. Dealer does not have part needed will overnight should be ready Monday.

Monday: Call to see if car is ready. Service guy lies to you and says Fedex lost your part.

They will call you when it comes in.

Friday: Your part came in, they can install on Monday.

Monday: Call to see if car is ready. ECU needs to be sent to CA for reflashing will overnight should be back by Thursday will call you.

Friday: Your ECU came in, they can install on Monday.

Monday: Call to see if car is ready………:mad:

The lemon laws aren't the same in all states but from what I read about New York it looks like they only have 30 days before the car is a lemon. Now it isn't as if they just hand you a new car and say "thank you, have a nice day" it is a court proceeding but in most states they are expedited and brief. It also means that they either must refund your full purchase price or present you with a new car that is the same or better than what you had. The lemon is also branded as such in title so the resale is essentially killed. People buy lemons from dealers but they are discounted to the point of insanity. My point is that if the dealer delivers on day 30 (correction from last post) everything's fine with them and they really don't have any lingering liability other than they might lose you as a customer which they're probably glad to do anyhow. However if you lay off them and they deliver on day 31, the potential to lose thousands of dollars is suddenly realized. Tell me, which option do you think affords you a much better bargaining position?

Well...they know how pissed I am...and frankly...they want me out of the rental car..it is costing them $30 a day. They have 7 days left..most likely they will just order me a new ECU and have it sent next day and they will meet the 30 day criteria. All I really want is my car back and may a few perks because of my inconvenience.

Archived