LegacyGT.com

electrical issue

I have a 96 Brighton with 249, 000 on it and I'm having a problem with the electrical system. Sometimes when i press on the brake pedal or turn in the headlights the stereo will go blank ( aftermarket) and when the headlights are on and hitting the brakes the headlights will dim along with the radio shutting off for a second. I also notice that when i open doors that the interior lights are very dim. Replaced the alternator and for half a day the problems seemed to go away but now it's slowly starting to do it again. Also the fuel light is now staying on all the time. Not sure if it's related but thought i would mention it. Any ideas on what to check? Thanks for your help!

Ok I'm trying to read into the grounding mod and to make sure I'm following right, it just included running another ground to different points if the motor to a new frame location? If anyone knows of a good link that explains it or can verify what to do I would appreciate it tons! Thanks for all your help and giving ideas on where to go.

Ok I'm trying to read into the grounding mod and to make sure I'm following right, it just included running another ground to different points if the motor to a new frame location? If anyone knows of a good link that explains it or can verify what to do I would appreciate it tons! Thanks for all your help and giving ideas on where to go.

That's what they meant! By doing that you give the electricity more routes to go at any given moment. Electricity flows like water. The more the marrier/more stable.

Archived