LegacyGT.com

Ordered kyb struts and H&R springs

Just ordered these, got struts off ebay for 285 shipped and springs off THmotorsports.com for 205 shipped. So $490 for a reliable setup instead of $450 for sketchy coilovers.

Will i need saggy butt spacers on my sedan? I know they use the 3/8 in for the wagons, will i need the 1/4" for a sedan?

Also will i need rear camber bolts?

I have the same struts and springs on my sedan

Will i need saggy butt spacers on my sedan?

No*. The front wheel wells have a larger arch than the rear wheel wells, Giving the illusion of a saggy rear. You will notice however, That the rocker panel in the after photo is parallel with the ground. Use the rocker panel as a reference to level, not the wheel well gaps.

Also will i need rear camber bolts?

No. That is not an absolute. It may or may not. You will not know until you get it on the alignment rack. My car needed camber bolts on the front.

*The front H&R springs lower more than the rear springs do.

The advertised drop from H&R is: Front = 1.25",,,, Rear = 1.00"

The actual drop I measured is: Front = 2.00",,,, Rear = 1.75"

Here is my car Stock vs H&R/KYB profiles.

P1000524.JPG.ff826073479a0d12a3a3b72c91e61947.JPG

P1000528.JPG.4664389f32853526f0313f0d3370a2b1.JPG

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Top hats are an automotive slang term for strut mounts that I hate. When I open my hood and look at the top of my strut towers, I do not see Mr. Peanut or a chimney sweep, I see strut mounts. If you were to call a parts store and order top hats, they will say "do you mean strut mounts?" Wikipedia the term top hat and no reference is made to an automotive part. They are properly called strut mounts and always will be. Google the 2 and see what you get. Now that my tirade is done, Let's continue.

Both the front and rear do have camber adjustments from the factory. Sometimes the factory adjustments just aren't enough to get it in spec, This is when a camber bolt is used. A camber bolt differs from a conventional bolt by having an offset cam, or lump, through it's midpoint. Having that type of bolt as one of the 2 bottom strut bolts allows for extra adjust-ability. The other of the 2 bottom strut bolts is conventional and acts as a fulcrum or pivot.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Archived