LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

True, I just assumed...I could not be so responsible and would have to built it as such. I guess that is one of the reasons I have not gone crazy with the Legacy and still have my Monte Carlo.

Legacy is a good car to mod even for those who say it is not.. does get pricey but so does modding anything (correctly). Plus not many people take the lgt to the extreme.. very good platform just some minor drawbacks that you will find in modding any car

512whp/465ftlb 2005 5EAT Legacy (Build Log)

Videos -

-

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the whole evening working on valve bodies. I'm supposed to be modding 3 (2 F1 Cores and a regular F1), which I am doing.

But I also went nuts on a tangent re-analyzing a lot of internal parts, and I found a few ways to revise the F1 product. VERY EXCITED TO TEST THESE NEW IDEAS OUT!!!

I also figured out a solution to the 1>2 clunk for the few who have it. Again, just need to test it.

I haven't been this excited about valve bodies in a while, but this could be exactly what I need to jump ahead with the 08-09s.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Spent the whole evening working on valve bodies. I'm supposed to be modding 3 (2 F1 Cores and a regular F1), which I am doing.

But I also went nuts on a tangent re-analyzing a lot of internal parts, and I found a few ways to revise the F1 product. VERY EXCITED TO TEST THESE NEW IDEAS OUT!!!

I also figured out a solution to the 1>2 clunk for the few who have it. Again, just need to test it.

I haven't been this excited about valve bodies in a while, but this could be exactly what I need to jump ahead with the 08-09s.

Awesome.

:)

Worked on valve bodies continuously from 8pm to 6am. That was intense... I've never worked on anything so complicated in my life... it's chaos... could only have been designed by a computer program... A very brilliant computer program...
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

:eek:

Tell me more about updates???

For the few complaints:

1) Slam from P/N to D - I will be testing a fix; may have this figured out.

2) Hard shift from 1>2 - I think I have a solution for this figured out. Hard for me to test since only a couple people have this problem, but I think it's easy enough to solve.

Then for my own installations, there are many ways to cook an egg, and I have been spending time trying different variations in excel. Would allow me to easily do two things:

1) Make softer versions for the Stage 2 and <20G clients as they request, and

2) Copy paste into the 08-09 platform.

Full VB mod-and-swaps are very labor/time intensive when you do a lot for trial and error, so I've been good about testing on paper before spending the better part of a day doing all the things required to test a revision.

Edited by ClimberD@HexMods

proud to say that i have a 20g turbo waiting to go in pending this vb purchase, the money is sitting waitinggggg

im currently running a 16g, but maybe now with my trans issues sorted out, a bigger turbo is in order...

Dont do it. I will sell you my IPT 2008 VB if you want. Biggest waste of $1500 ever. Did nothing for the tranny. Lost it with a 16g. All they offered was to put my $1500 towards a $5000 rebuild. That is why I sent Climber a new OEM 2008 VB to try and work some magic.

I would like to know when the 08+ vb mod will be available. I have nearly all my parts waiting to go in, and it might have to go to IPT. :( I will have a chat with them.

Stop. Asking. I. Am. Working. On. It.

You can get all the IPT work in the world done to your 08, but I know with absolute objective certainty you will end up spending a fortune and getting a product that shifts and holds power with inferiority. It makes no difference to me what anyone plans or buys. The product will be ready when it's ready, end of story. If you want to go with IPT, more power to you. But as a reminder, people aren't shipping me their IPT VBs for a F1 conversion just because they like my pink avatar. Well... maybe they are... I never asked...

Stop. Asking. I. Am. Working. On. It.

You can get all the IPT work in the world done to your 08, but I know with absolute objective certainty you will end up spending a fortune and getting a product that shifts and holds power with inferiority. It makes no difference to me what anyone plans or buys. The product will be ready when it's ready, end of story. If you want to go with IPT, more power to you. But as a reminder, people aren't shipping me their IPT VBs for a F1 conversion just because they like my pink avatar. Well... maybe they are... I never asked...

I like your pink avatar.

EDIT: I had an IPT VB, replaced by stock VB under warranty. Honestly, I don't notice a difference. I'm patiently waiting for this.