LegacyGT.com

Trunk Problems

mazdaaspec

I have in 08 pearl white Legacy with a stock wing on the trunk. I found an 09 pearl Legacy without a wing. The owner said that he will switch trunks at no cost. What I am affraid of that there is no connection for the wing break light on the 09 for the fact it is wingless and the break light will not work. I am wondering if there is a connector on the 09 wingless for the break light on the wing that is getting put on it.

Sounds like that's something the other guy should be worried about.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I have done a trunk swap with my 08 for another 08 and its plug and play the wires.. once you start to take off your trunk you'll see the clip(its on right side arm under plastic if i remember).. very straight forward and simple. Once the other guy has the new brake light, under his back seat if your looking at it from the front the right side if you pull back seat out a little bit the stock brake light has a clip and just unplug that so the stock light doesn't work because wing is LED and stock is not so there is a time delay and it looks stupid if both are on. Best Of Luck hope this helps

I found out that the trunk for 03 to 09 are all the same and that that wires are in all of them even if the car does not come factory with the wing. I traded my trunk with the wing the other day with one that didnt with the same paint and it matched up awesome. thank you for your help.

Thread ended.

Archived