LegacyGT.com

Pinout of AUX jack on 07+ Legacy?

BigTDogg MA

From what I remember it is a 6 pin connector.

Pins:

1 - Yellow

2 - Green Yellow

3 - Brown

4 - NOT USED

5 - Red White

6 - Black

It is, thanks! And I believe the audio goes

1-right

2-common

3-left

This whole thread was kinda stupid, as I was bored sitting at my desk at work thinking about how to wire everything up. Took me 20 seconds once I got home to look at a SVXdc I85 cable and the I85 plug I cut from the junkyard donor to match stuff up. I'll post details later.

I think 5 is actually one of the Audios. I know when I was wiring my Navigation to fit my 05 the Green/Yellow was ACC POWER. Pretty sure this is to supply the lines power to recognize the line going to the unit. I know what you mean about the plug they are pretty much plug and play stuff. Not hard at all.

I think 5 is actually one of the Audios. I know when I was wiring my Navigation to fit my 05 the Green/Yellow was ACC POWER. Pretty sure this is to supply the lines power to recognize the line going to the unit. I know what you mean about the plug they are pretty much plug and play stuff. Not hard at all.

99% sure I got the audio section right, at least for the 2007 model. I snipped the chassis side harness from the junker and it has what appears to be L and R with a common in the middle. The common is tied to the shielding in the harness. The position of the colors coordinates with the I85 harness as well.

I'll snap some pics tonight while I'm working on it. Gotta email David anyway to verify other connections.

So I was spot on with the pinout. From David (SVXdc):

1 YELLOW - Audio Right

2 GRAY/YELLOW - Audio ground/shield

3 BROWN - Audio Left

4 NC - (aux pod's PC board ties this to pin 2 ground)

5 RED/WHITE - Aux enable switch

6 BLACK - Aux enable switch

Aux+plug.jpg

The 5 and 6 pins can be clipped and capped. They can be shorted to each other, but there's no need if you have a SVXdc i85 harness, as his harness grounds with the fork terminal.

The Aux bucket also shorts audio ground to signal left and right, so if you want to tap in another AUX source, you either need to modify the AUX bucket board or add it on the outside (plug in to jack with adapter, not hardwired).

Dave's been EXTREMELY helpful before and after the sale of his harnesses. Definitely recommend using him for any Subaru audio harness needs.

Archived