LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

Has anyone noticed that the car is 'faster' when locked in a gear manually vs. letting the TCU figure it out?

Its especially noticeable in higher (4/5) gears.

Feels faster..

It's just because the tcc is engaged and there is direct connection from engine to wheels.

But even in auto mode it will lock up by its self.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Here is a little extract from the guy I told the community about. Awaiting vids.

But it shows you if can take a little time to tweak, you can achieve some changes that can be beneficial.

My main interest is to get her behaving close to a manual as much as possible.

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=582

.................... Driving in the automatic mode is now enjoyable as the car does not struggle in 5th gear anymore, she downshifts super fast and always when i need just a lil extra power when passing/overtaking cars or climbing hills.

In Full automatic Sport mode or Sport Sharp # mode, both modes feel like you are in the manual tiptronic mode with how the power is delivered in throttle response.

Before tuning when i would give it gas, it would take a few seconds for the power to be delivered and i could actually start feeling/Speeding up, but now as soon as i give it gas, she just wants to go!

Super peppy from Ed's tuning of the TCU, the DBW system has been fully adjusted and now it feels like theres power on demand, it an awsome feeling! No more struggling up hills or struggling for the auto tranny to downshift into 4th/3rd. Before when i would want the car to downshift in full auto mode, you would have the slam the pedal down to get it to downshift for passing/hill climbing...now you barely have to give it any gas for it to downshift to 4th!

The bogged down feeling i used to have is gone now that Ed has tuned the TCU! One other thing i noticed with the TCU tuning, when i would red line any gear...between 6000-6700rpm would take really long and it would almost struggle to fully redline to shift gears...now it just flys throughout the WHOLE rpm range,especially at the top of the rpm range it doesnt stall out or struggle to pull thru to redline for gear shifting.

Everything ed has done with the TCU has been above and beyond my expectations, Shifting is smoother & faster than before!

Videos will be posted soon of how she flys!!

Videos

On another note frank_ster, I started breaking down the 5EAT operations (through TCU logging) like what you did for EMS operation. Chatting with Syvecs now for integration for the car. We are expecting to run 600+whp. Just hoping it works out financially manageable.

Edited by west_minist

MAF scaling affects the Calculated Engine Torque table as it alters engine load

Cylinder fill table(essentially a VE table) with the calculated engine torque and the existing defined DBW tables will be the difference between getting the trans to perform like it should

Matt it make more sense for any tune to dial in the maf as best as their could related to proper fuel and then make changes. It can be done and take time.

It's more or less normal. As in, it has been reported here by many different owners. I am guessing you are not stock? Basically the transmision doesn't respond quick enough for how fast the car revs up.

stg 3....

Its odd because it's not every time:spin:

$300 bounty for anyone that can crack the TCU?

Collected the bounty 2 years ago ;)

Swinging from idle to near rev limiter in every gear like they should. Instant gear changes, handling 440whp on stock autos

Already been programming them locally for nearly 3 years or so

Can you change the redline shift point?

9500rpm in a LGT which has a JDM Version 10 EJ207 swap high enough for you? Does 55mph in 1st gear

Video or it didn't happen!!! (I would just love to see that, I'll bet it sounds amazing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Collected the bounty 2 years ago ;)

Swinging from idle to near rev limiter in every gear like they should. Instant gear changes, handling 440whp on stock autos

Already been programming them locally for nearly 3 years or so

Well you will have to sort mine next Friday to get a huge gold star to your name!

Hi guys,

When the car is cold and when I pass to D mode the car move forward "stronger" than when the car have made few kilometers.

Is it normal or a bad sign of the oil gear box need to be changed.

When the car is cold and for example when I'm at a stop the car seem to be in pain to not move forward ...

ok thanks I had not seen the was RPMs higher.

Another small question : the gear box oil is the same for the all the transmission because I 've just bought mine and want to make a complete service as the former owner was not aware of the last service for everything ... but good price and seems to works good !

There is just the engine oil and gearbox oil to change or a third one ?

front and rear difs use gear oils.

the trans use atf

the engine uses engine oil ..

also keep in mind the auto trans mission has two dipsticks, the one on the right ( passenger side on left hand drive cars is for the front differential oil level.

there is another dipstick on the driver side ( left ) under the intercooler ( difficult to see) for the automatic transmission fluid.

some people have mistaken these two and drained the front diff and then added gear oil into the auto transmission resulting in burned front diff and then burned the auto trans because gear oil is bad for auto trans.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader