LegacyGT.com

Recent Purchase of 05 wagon GT

Hey yall

New to the forum in the processes of purchasing a 05 Legacy wagon 2.5GT Limited MT 95k on the ODO. The car is Majestic blue (I believe thats the correct name) Fully loaded. The car is in excellent condition and detailed maintenance history with the only downside being a blown clutch. I agreed to 5K pending the replacement clutch. I think i made a good deal. Any thoughts on price? I know these cars are somewhat rare so i figured it was a no brainer.

Timing belt should also get done ASAP. The rule of thumb I've seen on here says 105k or 10 years.

Seconding landcrush's comment above. Definitely get a compression test done. This will really tell you if the engine is healthy or not.

Welcome to the club...

Black or tan leather ?

86......RBP.....2005 Legacy GT wagon MT Ltd (blk)

87......RBP.....2005 Legacy GT wagon MT Ltd (tan)

Read the sticky's and read my sig, Make a note about he part about checking to oil. it's that important.

Before you buy anything for the car, ask us if your doing the right thing.

Also get to know the guy's at www.AZPinstalls.com Mike's shop is in northern NJ, not a long drive from you, tell him I sent you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Listen to Max^^^^^^

Then read the "common issues" thread that should be just below this one (hopefully it gets stickied here soon). I've got a 100k mile '05 wagon and I've had almost every single one of those issues.

$5k is a spectacular deal. The same car in the Pacific Northwest could easily go for twice that.

Archived