LegacyGT.com

frankenmotor info?

so I know the information is out there but I am trying to gather up a bunch of it in one spot so whoever has done this swap and has the random info for how you did it and what you changed please post it up here

as far as I have read you can take the 2.2 heads from a legacy or impreza and bolt them onto a ph1 or ph2 2.5 shortblock from a forester/outback and have around 11.3:1 compression. most of what I have read says it CAN be run without a tune on the stock 2.2 ecu with all the 2.2 sensors, manifolds and injectors etc with a MINIMUM of 89 octane pump gas and it wont knock itself to death. I realize this is kind of pushing the limits of what the stock 2.2 sensors are able to keep up with but how well do they hold up untuned?

also I read somewhere that the compression changes between the ph1 and ph2 2.5 shortblock, who knows what the change is between the two and which is higher? would like to get a decent discussion going about what different people have done to make their frankenmotor last and give it some more punch like running intake spacers, headers, head porting, neon ign coil, different plug temp, tuning, 2.5 sensors/injectors? etc

Archived