LegacyGT.com

Throttle reading malfunction or something else wrong?

Funkyman831

Okay so I had a friend plug in their VAG-COM cable and give out some readings from my car. I noticed that when we had the car running and he gave it gas, the throttle position never went over 40%. He shut it off and turned it all the way to where it was running on battery and pushed the gas pedal all the way down. It reads 79.2% and never goes over that. It also idles at 12.9% on and off. What the heck is going on?

For your info I bought this car a month ago and I have done no mods whatsoever and the car has 67,000k miles. The only performance mod that has been added was an SPT intake. I don't believe the previous owner had it tuned either. So have you guys seen something like this before? Should I be worried?

BTW I tried attaching the picture and it didn't work so I uploaded it on Imgur:

http://imgur.com/JQJssUL

The ecu will not allow you to bounce off rev limiter when the car is in park, or neutral. Throttle plate angle will be limited to a certain amount. At idle, the throttle plate needs to be open a smidgen in order for the engine to stay running. If the engine is cold, the throttle plate will be open more, as it warms up the angle will drop down on it's own. The ecu will control the opening angle on it's own around your inputs as well. Your observations are normal behavior.

The data you're getting from that program in the pic is almost useless. You need to use learning view or romraider to view subaru specific parameters(parameters are in the sticky threads).

Archived