LegacyGT.com

Whiteline Sways and Kartboy Links?

Underdog

I am looking for some advice regarding Whiteline sways in conjunction with Kartboy endlinks.

I am currently 9/10ths done with my suspension:

Konis/Swifts

Whiteline KC313 Roll Center Correction Kit

AVO LCA Bushings (+ Caster)

Cusco Lower Arm Braces (F&R)

Spec.b Aluminum Control Arms, Trailing Arms, and Upper Links

4BoxParts Adjustable Rear Links

AVO RSB Mounts

18" Rota Tarmac II's w/ 225/40-18 Toyo T1R's (35PSI)

-1deg camber all around, -0.02deg Front toe, 0.00 Rear toe

Whiteline KSR207 Steering Rack Bushings (pending installation)

I would like to add a mild swaybar set to "sharpen" the steering response further, reduce the remaining body roll, and to get the car handling neutrally. I like that the WL bars are provided with lateral locks but I could make a DIY lock pretty easily so it's not a requirement.

My questions are:

1. Do the adjustments on the Whiteline adj 22mm Front and 20mm Rear bars make a noticeable difference? Which of the 4 combos have you tried?

2. Are there any fitment issues with the Kartboy links and Whiteline bars? Will I need to use any spacers? Also, do the lengths of the Kartboy links make for a good match with the drop of the Swifts?

3. Any other suggestions re: product selection, or words of advice relevant to this discussion?

Thanks!

Installing the steering rack bushings is rather time consuming because the steering rack needs to be taken apart and you will need an alignment afterwards. For such a cheap part the installation price is what whacks you! Totally worth it though, steering wheel turns stiff and is more responsive...great combo with sways!

Hmm, perhaps I will hold off on the steering rack bushings until I need another alignment. I saw your other posts in this thread, and I've got two questions:

1) How long have you had the setup, and have you checked the endlinks recently to make sure the poly bushings haven't cracked or separated from the endlink? I had read about some people having this problem.

2) From your pictures, it looks like there are two washers supplied with each endlink. It seems you have both washers on the trailing arm connection, one on either side of the endlink. If you had one on the arm/link side and one on the bar/link side, would that make the endlinks vertical? I can do a quick paint sketch if necessary.

Lovin' the rhymnocerous avatar btw...

I've had this set up for about 1 month, haven't checked anything ...but all feels and sounds the same, I also don't drive my car like a race car everyday.

I didn't think the alignment was an issue but apparently Kartboy now has a spacer available.

My questions are:

1. Do the adjustments on the Whiteline adj 22mm Front and 20mm Rear bars make a noticeable difference? Which of the 4 combos have you tried?

i didnt feel a difference but i havent tracked it, just spirited driving. i keep em on the stiffer setting tho

2. Are there any fitment issues with the Kartboy links and Whiteline bars? Will I need to use any spacers? Also, do the lengths of the Kartboy links make for a good match with the drop of the Swifts?

i havent had a problem for about 7-10k miles. im on MR coilovers tho

3. Any other suggestions re: product selection, or words of advice relevant to this discussion?

thatisall :D

Thanks!

Archived