LegacyGT.com

Clutch Slave Cylinder

Funkyman831

Hey guys I have had the dreaded crickets from my TOB fresh out of a new clutch install. I have tried adjusting my pedal as well as putting a return spring on. None have worked unfortunately. The return spring pulls the fork back a tad bit, but in doing this there is a huge deadzone within the pedal. There is also a small deadzone towards the top of the pedal that i can push in and I have to pull it out. I am starting to think I have a bad Clutch slave cylinder that is putting pressure on the fork giving me these issues. I also had my clutch pedal stick to the floor last night when I gave it a hard take off. I am posting this here to see if anyone else has had this issue as well.

What brand clutch ?

Did you install a new TOB ?

You could have a bad (new) TOB, nothing is perfect every time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators
We bled from the slave cylinder yesterday... it didn't really do much. Do we also need to bleed from the master? I assumed it would all end up going through the slave.

I had to rebleed due to a leak, so YMMV, but yes--a massive amount of air came out of both the slave and the master. We had the best results doing one bleed process on the master, then the slave, then back to the master, then the slave, etc. until no more air.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Okay I will try this again, but if it doesn't work I can assume my slave cylinder is going kaput. I don't think I mentioned this, but the slave cylinder does make a squeaking noise at full depression. I'm just confused as to why this issue only comes up after a new install of the clutch kit.

Archived