LegacyGT.com

I found a 2011 gt.

IllogicalBeetle

http://www.subaruofdayton.com/certified/Subaru/2011-Subaru-Legacy-d8db1ffa0a0d064901d74bb1687047b7.htm

I'm just curious what any of you guys would suggest is a fair price. I'm not crazy about the silver but not because I think it looks bad. I actually think it looks fantastic. It just seems like everybody's driving a gray or silver car right now. I'm very partial to the red too. It has the sti sway bar already and seriously it's fun to drive. Please let me know your thoughts.

Owner only had it for 7 months. I'd test drive to check for the shimmy. Brand new 2012s I've seen in the forum were priced in the 29s. Might wanna reconsider. If we only knew why the owner sold it. Saw a boost gauge in one of the pix.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know you could get one new for that little. According to the dealer (taken with a grain of salt) he got rid of it due to the payment. Thought he could afford it, figured out he couldn't. I know sometimes CPO carries a huge value with it. True for Subbies or not so much?

I took it for a spin, but I wasn't specifically looking for anything. I will certainly try it out again and pay attention for shimmying.

Ultimately if I can get a 2012 for around 29.5 or 30 they would need to let it go for less than 25. Assuming no shimmy.

Well, final number they would agree to today was 26,750 with 100k extended warranty. I decided to drive home without it. That was tough. This car was brilliant fun. A ton tighter than the 3.6 seemed. Maybe all in my head. If not, that sway bar made a huge difference.

Are the 2012s completely devoid of shimmy? Is this something I need to worry about on an ordered unit?

I really loved it. The 2.5 Turbo is just a great little engine. Anything else I test drive has a mighty big shadow cast over it.

Good choice waiting.

Far less 11s with the shimmy than the 10s. No one has reported shimmy in a 12.

27K is too much given the mileage; better off looking for a better deal. Since no one knows much about these cars, let it sit for a month and maybe they will come to you.

haa haa sucker. but whoever it is welcome to the forum :lol:

I am the sucker who bought it for $8k less than the original cost was 11 months ago. 15k miles do not scare me, as I will easily put that many on the car before this year ends. The previous owner, who frequented this forum, even left me a nice whiteline swaybar on the car. ;) And his barely worn, stock DWS tires - he was running a different set of wheels/tires for over half of his ownership.

So far the car runs great. It does have a little vibration from 68mph until over 80mph, so I will RFB the wheels/tires to get try to get rid of it. It does not feel like the infamous shimmy though.

Not going to bring it up to what my old LGT was (>360whp/wtq), but thinking of going with either OTS stg 1 or a custom UTEC tune and have a fun daily driver. :cool:

The 5th gen is so much more refined than its predecessor... and it does feel a little porkier too. :p

$8K less than original selling price is fantastic. Parts are flowing to the 5th gen, but it's slow. Check out the Stage II mustang dyno tunes with the new TMIC.

Stage I is close to Stage II for 4th gen and WRX. Enjoy the ride!

I am the sucker who bought it for $8k less than the original cost was 11 months ago. 15k miles do not scare me, as I will easily put that many on the car before this year ends. The previous owner, who frequented this forum, even left me a nice whiteline swaybar on the car. ;) And his barely worn, stock DWS tires - he was running a different set of wheels/tires for over half of his ownership.

So far the car runs great. It does have a little vibration from 68mph until over 80mph, so I will RFB the wheels/tires to get try to get rid of it. It does not feel like the infamous shimmy though.

Not going to bring it up to what my old LGT was (>360whp/wtq), but thinking of going with either OTS stg 1 or a custom UTEC tune and have a fun daily driver. :cool:

The 5th gen is so much more refined than its predecessor... and it does feel a little porkier too. :p

$8K less than original selling price is fantastic.

That's what I thought when I made an offer on it. :lol:

Do people get improved mileage with Cobb's stg 1? Also, is there an Eco map that keeps the wastegate open? I'd rock that for all my long distance highway trips... and with UTEC, I'd be able to switch maps on the fly, if someone needed a spanking. :cool:

I would never call you a sucker for picking this car up. In fact, way to GO!! I loved it, but it just wasn’t good timing. I have a car that I need to either sell or pay off before I get into a loan on something new. Of course saying that, if the 2011 had been RRP or GGM I would have walked away with it in the morning when I was at the dealer the first time around.

Ultimately, I looked at the Google doc link and decided for the options I am most likely to choose, the savings over what most are paying for brand new would have been closer to $3-4k than 8 for me. Beyond that this was the first car I have test driven since starting my look that I *really* enjoyed. I have not been looking long but feel I should at least look at other options in the high 20s-low 30s before buying anything.

Archived