LegacyGT.com

Best dealer for service in Boston area

Hey folks, what's the best dealer service wise in Boston area? Got some issues that need to be resolved.

No particular need for "mod friendly" dealer since except suspension, wheels and brakes my car is stock - just need a solid and trustworthy one.

Tried to search but most threads talk about buying experiences not so much service.

I've been using Cityside Subaru in Belmont for my oil changes and minor warranty stuff. They seem competent and friendly and they treat my car well. I haven't been able to convince them to find whats causing my driver side wheel squeak.. they chalked it up to brake noise.

All-in-all a pleasant dealership experience...

always had my car serviced at Metrowest Subaru...

Never a problem, very straightforward people, but some others here have had bad experiences there....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Same for me (3 Subarus), have always used Metrowest.

And, same comments, those that find the service fine and those that hate the service.

There's an independent garage in Natick that has a good rep from one forum member, off Speen Street. Have not tried them yet.

In Boston proper, or the 'burbs? There are a ton of Subaru dealers here: the Legacy/Outback is the #1 car in 40 towns. There are a bunch of independent shops as well.

Either. We'll be living in Winchester. I don't mind driving few more miles for good service.

I think LONG Subaru in Webster has the best reputation... but they are a very long drive from Winchester.

Cityside Subaru is closest to you although "Redrum" on NASIOC hates this place.

You could also TRY Patrick Subaru (North) in Wilmington, or IRA Subaru, or the place in Wakefield.

Unlike the rest of the United States, all New England Subaru dealerships have no choice but to deal with Ernie Boch who's organization is sort of the "middleman" in this region.

http://www.sne1.com

[EDIT]Oh, and Village Subaru in Acton also has a good reputation, and "Coelli" likes Norwood Subaru.

Here are the stealerships:

Address City Telephone# Email Address

Subaru of Wakefield 888 Main St Wakefield 781-246-3331 Wakefield@Subarumail.com

Bertera Subaru 526 Riverdale St West Springfield 413-734-4964 Bertera@Subarumail.com

Planet Subaru 596 Washington Street Hanover 781-826-4444 Planet@Subarumail.com

Patrick Subaru North Inc. 271 Main St. Wilmington 978-253-0160 patricknorth@subarumail.com

Somerset Subaru 1451 Brayton Point Rd Somerset 508-676-3071 Somerset@subarumail.com

Village Subaru 61 Powdermill Road Acton 978-897-1128 Village@subarumail.com

Atlantic Subaru 124 Waterhouse Road Bourne 508-759-5000 Allusers@Atlanticsubaru.com

Long Subaru Inc. 7 Sutton Rd Webster 508-943-7070 Long@subarumail.com

Petes Chrysler Plymouth Subaru 652 East St Pittsfield 413-442-1584 Petes@subarumail.com

Beard Subaru Ridgewood Rd Hyannis 508-778-5066 Beard@subarumail.com

Ira Subaru 97 Andover Street Danvers 978-739-8200 Ira@Subarumail.com

North End Subaru 757 Chase Rd Lunenburg 978-582-4911 Northend@subarumail.com

MetroWest Subaru 948 Worcester Rd Natick 508-651-2000 metrowest@subarumail.com

Steve Lewis Subaru 48 Damon Road Northampton 413-584-5355 Stevelewis@subarumail.com

Patrick Subaru 3 Elm Street Shrewsbury 508-756-8364 Patricks@Subarumail.com

Mastria Subaru 1255 New State Highway Raynham 508-880-9799 mastria@subarumail.com

Quirk Works Subaru 442 Quincy Avenue Braintree 781-917-1300 quirkworks@subarumail.com

CitySide Subaru 790 Pleasant St Belmont 781-641-1900 info@citysidesubaru.com

Clay Subaru 842 Providence Highway Norwood 781-762-2400 Clay@subarumail.com

I take my car to Metrowest Subaru. So far, I've had no problems with them and I go to them for everything from major servicing (30k mile) to oil changes. I brought my car in for an oil change at 33k miles and they OFFERED to replace my wipers, brakes, and look at any other problems I may have on my car before the 36k mile mark... I also got something else replaced because i've had the phantom radio problem in my car, which he attributed to that specific part. It also fixed some issues i've been having with the interior illumination having a mind of its own as well as a flickering seat heater display. All on the spot, day of. Plus I forgot to show them my coupon at the beginning like i was supposed to, and the guy was very good humored and immediately went to change the invoice. Totally my bad...

I bought my car at Planet Subaru, although I've never brought my car there for servicing because it's just too far...

Archived